Which of these would be calmer for an early Valentine's Day dinner?

perditax

DIS Veteran
First of all, I know people will want to offer alternative suggestions, so let me get the following out of the way up front:

--I don't really want to go offsite
--I don't want to eat at a typical high-price steakhouse, there are plenty of them at home (so no Palm, Ruth's Chris, Charley's, etc). Plus I'm one of those people who can cook a good steak at home, and paying fifty bucks for one makes me twitchy. Thank you anyway. :)
--Ditto fondue
--I've never had a meal at an Emeril's that overly impressed me (I've been to both locations at Universal).

So, out of these three, at which one will we be more likely able to hear ourselves talk? It doesn't have to be intimate, just not deafening. :)

--The Kitchen at HRH. (This is my #1 choice so far because we are staying at HRH, but apparently they have a 'kids can cook' event every Tuesday--and V-Day falls on a Tuesday this year.)

--VIVO Italian Kitchen at CityWalk

--Mama Della's at PBH

(I'm also not interested in Bice--I like more basic stuff for Italian.)

Thanks in advance!

We've always had good food at Mama Della.
We've had great experiences when we had good waiters.
The only time you couldn't talk was when the singing was going on in the room you were sitting in, but that wasn't all the time.

Have not been to the others. Have a wonderful Valentine's.

We've always had good food at Mama Della.
We've had great experiences when we had good waiters.
The only time you couldn't talk was when the singing was going on in the room you were sitting in, but that wasn't all the time.

Have not been to the others. Have a wonderful Valentine's.

Uh oh. =D

They don't come and sing AT you at your table, do they? That's the kind of thing that would drive me nuts.

EDIT: I read some reviews on TripAdvisor and it seems that's exactly what they do. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We might try it for another meal (maybe lunch), as there is a serious lack of decent mid-level Italian food in my town. (We have one Maggianos and that's literally it besides pizza joints.)

Thanks for the response!

Last edited:
Kitchen: Good food and not too loud the times we've been. It is a family restaurant, though.
Mama Della's: Very quiet ... except when the roving singer is nearby. Good food here too.
Vivo: We've not been there yet.

Based on what you've said, I'd say go with The Kitchen.

Tried Vivo last trip, best meal I had the entire trip. I had the shrimp/black pepper pasta and still dream about it. Based on the menu sticky, it was about half the cost of Mama Della's. My wife had the lasagna and thought it was great. It will now be a must do on any future trip.

We like the Kitchen, but mostly for breakfast buffet. Dinner was fine, but we felt a bit overpriced. Still haven't tried Mama's, and with our experience at Vivo, not sure we ever will.

I vote for the Kitchen

Variety on the menu
Something for everyone can be found there
The kids can cook would be fun for children and very entertaining

You will have a lot more choices at the Kitchen if you are not into Italian food entrees

Very convenient to be able to dine at your base hotel
No planning out travel time to head to another hotel when ready to eat

Ive had some great meals there in the evening and the place had light crowds

Thanks, guys. I have reservations for both for v-day dinner (they are on diff systems), I'll drop one or the other soon. It's great to hear positive feedback on both places (well, all three really) and we should have time on this trip to get to all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter