Which Moderate With A 5 Year Old???

Rory

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are looking at planning our first trip with our 5 year old to Disney this Spring. Which moderate or even value is best overall in your opinions? Thank you for all your input!

I have stayed at CB and both of the resorts at PO. I think my kids liked the PO Riverside the best. They loved the pool and the grounds were beautiful. They really enjoyed the facilities. The resort is enormous though, so you will walk quite a bit unless you get a room close to the main area (although there are smaller, quiet pools that are spread around the resort.) If you don't want to walk as much, Port Orleans is lovely and is much more compact. Have a magical trip!

My kids have been to CBR, CSR, and POR. They really liked CBR when they were younger. They also have a splash zone area now. Also, quiet pools, zero entry main pool, good enough food court.
They love POR though, now that they are older. The food court is the best. I never stayed, only visited POFQ, but many love it and the visuals are cool. (However, the masks in the food court scared my kids when they were young, lol) You have the boat either way at the POR/POFQ to DTD, which may be convenient right now.
If you can afford it, I would spend the extra to stay preferred at CBR or POR.

For a young child I'd pick. Pofq or CBR. POFQ is compact and has a pool area that appeals to kids ( the sea serpent slide). Plus it shares the boat to DTD, and you only have to deal with one bus stop.

CBR has the best child friendly main pool, with its zero entry, as well as a great Splash area. There is also a playground. While some don't like the multiple bus stops, at least these make for a short walk to or from the bus and your room. It has also just completed a refurb of the rooms. I like the food court, and Shutters is IMO an underappreciated, but very convenient TS restaurant.

POR. If you book pool view you will practically have your own pool. Plus you have 'Ol Man Island.

The only moderate we've stayed at is CBR and we loved everything about it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was great, the pool was nice with a fun pirate theme for the kids, and the buses were quick and efficient. We haven't been back to CBR as we've tried other resorts since our stay, but we wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR.

CBR would be my recommendation with a 5 year old. The look of the resort and the pool are wonderful.

Just stayed at CBR with a 6 and 3.5 year old. Loved it. Shutters has a new chef and was one of the best meals we had. The pool is great with fun slides, and the splash zone was a lot of fun for my kids :). We plan to go back this may and is really like to try another resort just bc I like to experience different things, but I think we will go back to CBR just bc we had such a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter