Which moderate resort?

Thank you for all the good information! I think I will eliminate CBR and CSR because of the huge size and I don't want to pay for a preferred room. Also, I was looking at the menus and I like the food at the PO resorts better. Now to decide on which one.... between POFQ and POR which do you prefer? I like the Manor style rooms at POR, not so much the bayou. If you just want the standard room in one of the manors do you have to request it?

If you request magnolia bend (the mansions), you will most probably get it. A lot of people want the bayou because of the extra bed.

I've stayed at both Magnolia Bend and Bayou several times. I prefer MB because of the grounds. I thought I wouldn't like the rooms at Bayou, but they weren't very rustic at all. The grounds are though.

I've stayed at both Magnolia Bend and Bayou several times. I prefer MB because of the grounds. I thought I wouldn't like the rooms at Bayou, but they weren't very rustic at all. The grounds are though.
Okay, great! Yeah, I think I would request Magnolia Bend, because I think it's really pretty plus it's in a good location. I'm planning to book a package online. Is there a place to make a request on the "form" or do you call, or wait and request when you check in?

There are small difference between the moderates but none is vastly different from any other. Personally I pick the criteria that matters most to me and chose based on that. Of the moderates my first choice is always CSR. I like the theme, it has a fitness center (I think the only moderate with one), and it has a pool with lap lanes. Those are the top criteria for me. I have stayed there twice now and can't say I have any negative feelings towards it being a convention resort and I am at a convention or two each year for work. Sadly never at WDW.

CBR is my bottom of the pile because I just don't find the theme appealing and it is the oldest of the moderates. That being said I believe it is the moderate with the largest rooms so that could be a deciding factor for someone else.

PFQ is the most compact of the moderates so if ease of getting around is important for you go for it.

The advice I would take from any of these "which <whatever> is right for me" threads is to look not so much at the choices others make but their rationale. It might turn out their rationale lines up with yours and they already did the hard work in that regard.

We are huge pool people. A lame pool can make or break a vacation for my kids. I think they like the pool as much, if not more, than the parks themselves. We've done CBR twice and both times they loved the pool area. DS was 9 and 11 and DD was 3 and 5. The splash area was a huge hit for her. DS would stay in the pool for hours and do the slide over and over again. We've also stayed at the Poly and my kids thought the pool was a bit boring but they LOVED SAB at the BC. They stayed in SAB for 6 hours straight one day.

We are huge pool people. A lame pool can make or break a vacation for my kids. I think they like the pool as much, if not more, than the parks themselves. We've done CBR twice and both times they loved the pool area. DS was 9 and 11 and DD was 3 and 5. The splash area was a huge hit for her. DS would stay in the pool for hours and do the slide over and over again. We've also stayed at the Poly and my kids thought the pool was a bit boring but they LOVED SAB at the BC. They stayed in SAB for 6 hours straight one day.
That's cute that they liked CBR better than the Poly based on the pool! I'm sorry I don't understand the acronyms SAB and BC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter