Which meal at Akershus?

starryagain

Mouseketeer
The price is pretty much the same between breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The reason we are going is the princesses, not the food, and not to get there before park opening. If we do breakfast we'll do an 11:00 seating.

It's my mom, me, and two little girls (4.5 and 1.5). None of us are huge fans of cold fish (beyond shrimp). The breakfast platter looks fine but a bit meager for $50. Not sure if lunch / dinner will make us feel like we got more value out of our $50-60.

We definitely have the expectation that the price of the meal is about the princesses not the food. Still, I would rather not walk away feeling ripped off.

We went to CRT for lunch last year and thought the quality was fine, is Akershus similar in terms of quality. We are definitely doing Akershus vs CRT as we are staying at Beach Club and it's much more convenient. We thought princess interaction quality was great at CRT.

If you're going for the experience of meeting the Princesses and not the food than it doesn't really matter, just go with whatever works best for your schedule. I find that there are more food options for picking eaters on the breakfast menu but it could be different for your family.

I like the breakfast menu, but agree that if you really do nto care about food choose the meal that works best with your schedule.

The breakfast platter looks fine but a bit meager for $50. Not sure if lunch / dinner will make us feel like we got more value out of our $50-60.

You're going to have to deal with that at a character meal. There is no way at any meal you are going to see the food value of Akershus at its list price.

I would look at the menu - we prefer brft choices as PP said. If you book the later brft as you mentioned, they will begin changing over to lunch on the buffet, and you can try some of that as well - when we did that, they came over to ask if there was any other brft items we wanted to grab before they changed over.

The price is pretty much the same between breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The reason we are going is the princesses, not the food, and not to get there before park opening. If we do breakfast we'll do an 11:00 seating.

It's my mom, me, and two little girls (4.5 and 1.5). None of us are huge fans of cold fish (beyond shrimp). The breakfast platter looks fine but a bit meager for $50. Not sure if lunch / dinner will make us feel like we got more value out of our $50-60.

We definitely have the expectation that the price of the meal is about the princesses not the food. Still, I would rather not walk away feeling ripped off.

We went to CRT for lunch last year and thought the quality was fine, is Akershus similar in terms of quality. We are definitely doing Akershus vs CRT as we are staying at Beach Club and it's much more convenient. We thought princess interaction quality was great at CRT.
I don't generally like the food for breakfast at either CRT or Akershus, but find lunch more palatable at each.

However, the 'value' derived (not feeling 'ripped off') is meeting the Princesses, it's not about food quality.

In this regard, Akershus is a better value than CRT, because effectively the same Princesses for less $$.

We chose breakfast, because the lunch and dinner didn't really appeal.

Breakfast at Akershus includes the hot platter at your table (scrambled eggs, potatoes, meats) and a "cold" buffet (yogurt, fruit, bagels, croissants, donut holes, mini muffins, and Norwegian meats and cheese).

I prefer breakfast at Akershus. Although the platter sounds like it's not much, my family enjoys the pastries and bagels on the buffet as well.

Last time we went we did breakfast and my girls loved it (5,4,3). They have asked to go back for breakfast again this time around

I don't want to sound like a snob here but I would choose breakfast because the people that ate there for dinner when we were there had little manners or consideration for others. We have been there for breakfast numerous times, really liked it and had no issues. This last trip, we tried it for dinner and said we will never go back after seeing the things we saw and hearing what we heard. Just an example is the group behind us where a child threw up during dinner. I understand that this happens but the family stayed at their table sick child included and then they commented that when he got sick in the morning maybe it wasn't just a one time thing. This basically ruined our meal and we said we would never be back again for dinner. I understand that things like this happen but we have never been so disgusted by the other people sitting around us at a meal. I don't know if this is the norm but I just wanted to warn you about our experience with dinner.

We have had lunch and dinner there and we enjoyed both. We are doing breakfast in February. We are in no way adventurous diners and found the cold buffet and menu choices were fine for us. The princess experience has been great both times we were there.

We really liked lunch there last year. We are adventurous eaters and it had just enough of a variety between the menu and the buffet that we thought it was a great experience for being "just" a character meal. The character interaction was great, too. We liked it much more than CRT breakfast. We are doing breakfast at Akershus on our next trip instead of CRT, because we didn't think CRT was worth 2 dining credits/the price.

We've done breakfast and lunch and I prefer breakfast. I didn't feel ripped off by breakfast.

We were there with free dining, so the cost wasn't considered. I booked what i thought was a lunch reservation, but it was still breakfast. We really enjoyed it. I was going for the princesses and it was a great character interaction. Character meals are expensive and like you said, it's not about the food. You don't get as many options as other character buffets.

Quick side question, sorry OP -ALL meals have the princesses, right? We're booked for dinner and I just want to be sure. We haven't been before, but chose dinner because we have a child with allergies and wanted a slightly less chaotic meal-time.

Quick side question, sorry OP -ALL meals have the princesses, right? We're booked for dinner and I just want to be sure. We haven't been before, but chose dinner because we have a child with allergies and wanted a slightly less chaotic meal-time.
Yes. All meals.

I thought dinner was a good value. We had the cold buffet, I made a big salad and had a few grilled asparagus, very good! I had the salmon, not gourmet, but good. And we all enjoyed the desserts especially the rice cream. I vote dinner.

We have had dinner/lunch there numerous times and have always enjoyed it. This was with ages 5-88 and everyone liked their meals.

I wasn't impressed with dinner when we ate there a few years ago. But I have a breakfast and dinner reservation lined up for our Princess Trip in a few weeks, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter