Which love story from the Disney movies is your favorite?

La Stilla

Mouseketeer
And why? Because it's the most romantic? Most realistic? Coolest? Deeper bond? Name your favorite love stories. What is the message behind it?!

I don't often relate to the love stories in movies, though I am guilty of appreciating teh idealized, Disney-style romances. I will say that there is one on-screen couple who have the absolute deepest and real love that is reaffirmed time and again despite their differences and flaws, and that is Homer & Marge Simpson. People who don't watch the show may not see it, but there is a purity there that is hard to captrure by most other on-screen love stories.

Sorry, I meant the Disney movies. I am going to add that.

Well, The Simpsons is now produced by Dinsey after the Fox buyout. 😉

In the Disney movies proper, I really like Rapunzel and Flynn, especailly as you see their relationship flourish in the series. They changed each other's lives and demonstrate a very strong bond.

Well, The Simpsons is now produced by Dinsey after the Fox buyout. 😉

In the Disney movies proper, I really like Rapunzel and Flynn, especailly as you see their relationship flourish in the series. They changed each other's lives and demonstrate a very strong bond.
Yes. They are quite realistic couple too. I never get that 'love at first sight' story.

Yes. They are quite realistic couple too. I never get that 'love at first sight' story.

Well, the "love at first sight" stories are much simpler, but I think they work in the context of the fairy tale/morality play that some of the older movies really were. Yes, realistically it doesn't work, but in old Disney movies the characters are just 100% what they are - like Prince Phillip and Aurora are both paragons - in that case it can work, but it's and extreme distillation of concepts.

Well, the "love at first sight" stories are much simpler, but I think they work in the context of the fairy tale/morality play that some of the older movies really were. Yes, realistically it doesn't work, but in old Disney movies the characters are just 100% what they are - like Prince Phillip and Aurora are both paragons - in that case it can work, but it's and extreme distillation of concepts.
Yes, I understand. How old were Snow and Aurora anyway? Snow was 16 or 14 I forgot? Aurora was 16. In that age when you are kind of living in a sheltered way, it's quite easy and understandable to fall for the first handsome stranger, and for him to feel the same way. Just imagine, not skarred by any experience, young, naive, the girls both Snow and Aurora were extremely beautiful modeled by the standards of beauty of the era, and not forget Aurora was kind of enchantingly beautiful, since the fairies blessed her with beauty, so yes, it's not weird for Phillip to fall for her too. Or to go with a simpler theory like yours, but truthful, it is possible in fairytales, and it's the most romantic type.

So for me, it would be Rapunzel and Ryder. Belle and Beast, maybe. Esmeralda and Phoebus are kind of realistic too.

Yes, I understand. How old were Snow and Aurora anyway? Snow was 16 or 14 I forgot? Aurora was 16. In that age when you are kind of living in a sheltered way, it's quite easy and understandable to fall for the first handsome stranger, and for him to feel the same way. Just imagine, not skarred by any experience, young, naive, the girls both Snow and Aurora were extremely beautiful modeled by the standards of beauty of the era, and not forget Aurora was kind of enchantingly beautiful, since the fairies blessed her with beauty, so yes, it's not weird for Phillip to fall for her too. Or to go with a simpler theory like yours, but truthful, it is possible in fairytales, and it's the most romantic type.

They were definitely young by today's standards, but not by the era in which they lived. These movies are not really trying to depict a realistic relationship of any kind and are just simple good triumphing over evil type of things. It's interesting that in Snow White, the Evil Queen is felled not through any action of the main characters but basically by being smote by God.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter