Which hotel would you stay at with kids

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
I will be spending two nights with my 10 and 8yo at HKD before my husband joins us and we move to the JW Marriott. Which hotel would you choose and why? We will be jetlagged but will go to the parks both days.

I assume you're talking about onsite? Either hotel is fine, it just depends on your budget and what theming you and your kids would prefer. If you've got girls who love princesses, and your budget can stretch far enough, I'd go for the HKDL Hotel. It's a bit closer to the parks too. Having said that, if you've got boys, they might prefer the less girly theming of the Hollywood - it's got more of a classic Fab 5 theme. Both are equally as kid friendly.

Stay at the hollywood hotel. Much better with kids. We have stayed at both and the Hollywood hotel has a much more casual child friendly feel. ETA: we have been twice with 3 kids.

Stay at the hollywood hotel. Much better with kids. We have stayed at both and the Hollywood hotel has a much more casual child friendly feel. ETA: we have been twice with 3 kids.
Hi Neha, do you happen to remember whether the rooms had tea/coffee making facilities? Thanks :)

yes, you will get kettle/tea/coffee and water bottles at both hotels xx

Just stayed at the Hollywood hotel. Would definitely recommend it. Staff was friendly and they are generous in refilling the room amenities like water bottles and slippers. I brought my own toiletries but I am sure they would be happy to refill that If needed. We didn't use the pool but heard a family commented that their kids refused to leave the pool. I would not blame them. It's just too hot in July!

I would definitely stay at the Hollywood hotel and save the money for souvenirs. The park merchandise are irresistible. Better use of money there!

Hope this helps! Have fun planning!!

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with most pp's over the Hollywood Hotel, you save that extra bit of money, and it's just a little bit more kid feeling to it. (from what I've seen through researching lol) The Disneyland hotel is very grand floridian feeling, we were originally going to stay there to splurge at the end of our trip, but when we priced it out the HH was so much cheaper!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter