Which Disney Resort Is The Most Fun for a couple of 40 year old kids

sam3996

Always A Princess
:laundy: This might be the dumbest of all questions here. My husband and I have never really been anywhere fun together. We were thinking about going down to Disney for Christmas. There are so many resorts, we just don't know which one to pic. So which ones are the most fun?

well, hubby and I are 50-something-year-old kids, and our favorite now (and our sons, ages 22 and 24) is the Boardwalk. When the kids were younger, cost was always the major determining factor, and back then, we loved the CSR. Now, after walking all day in the parks, the last thing we want is a resort that's spread out. The BW feels much smaller and intimate to us. Our needs have changed over the years too - instead of everything being geared to kids and rides at the parks, we love the BW for the convenience of strolling into WS in Epcot for dinner and a cocktail or two. Then stroll back for some fun on the BW. We LOVE it!

Agree EPCOT walk is very nice for dining/drinks/Illuminations. Cant go wrong with Yacht/Beach Club or BW/BWV.

We have never in our lives been to Disney before. If I could pic a deluxe resort it would probably be the wilderness lodge. (That thing looks spectacular in pictures.) But our budget, we will probably have to go as light as possible. I was thinking about the Pop. And of course we have two chihuahuas that we will probably have to put in a kennel.

If money is no object then the Beach Club is perfect.

A great place for a late night stroll around the Boardwalk and the lagoon, the best pool area in all of WDW, great and varied dining options from a character breakfast (Cape May Cafe) to a top of the line dining experience (Yachtsman Steakhouse) and of course the close proximity to Epcot. I can't imagine a better place to stay for a fun loving couple.

If money is an object then I would recommend the Port Orleans Riverside. Beautiful grounds, a nice relaxing boat ride to Downtown Disney and all it has to offer, a nice main pool area and several quiet pools to suit your tastes, Boatwright's Dining Hall for dinner and last but not least a great lounge that includes the great Yee Haw Bob Jackson. IMHO the closest moderate to a deluxe WDW has to offer.

Jay

Animal Kingdom Lodge is almost always loved by everybody who stays there.the Beach Club is another place where you can enjoy lot.

We are 40-somethings and DVC owners at both AKL and SSR. Our favorite hands down has become Boardwalk. It is hopping with excitement close to two parks and has a great ambience. I have to say, close second for us is Animal Kingdom if you want a nice quiet experience different from none other!!!

:love:

Great place to stay as adults. Nice pool and spas. A couple nice bars and restaurants. And walking out to see the Savannahs and the animals is so unique.

Pop would be fine, but if you can squeeze out a little more for a moderate that would be better. They are a little more adult feeling. Dh and I especially like Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. They also have a horse and buggy ride that is really nice at dusk.:hug: If you are just talking value then I would say Pop is the best.

I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and always had a great time there. And we are two 50 year old kids. Our favorite deluxe is the Yacht Club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter