• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which Beach?

Honeybee1983

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I have a question for ya! (ANOTHER? HA!) On our last day before we catch a late-night flight home, we are planning to go visit my grandma in Ranch Cucumonga, but we also want to drop by a beach. We thought about maybe Huntington, because we heard it's a neat one, but we are not sure. We need one that is kind of close to Rancho, or on the way back to Orange County airport, plus, we are going on a Saturday and we would like the beach to be not too crowded too....touristy beaches like Huntington may be way crowded, not sure. Do any of you have beaches you love or that you consider your "little secret?" Appreciate any suggestions! :)

Our favorite is Corona del Mar. Very scenic and very family friendly. It's not a surfer's beach like Huntington. It is $15 to park though, unless you want to walk down hill quite a bit.

When I was in high school we went to Pepperdine University every summer for a big basketball camp. We always went to Venice Beach and loved the boardwalk area/beach sports/shops etc.

hmmm Corona Del Mar. That sounds like our kind of beach to me! I've been to Venice, and it's nice, but a lot more "touristy" (funny cuz we ARE tourists! LOL) than what I think we are looking for this time. :)

We drove over to Crystal Cove State Park/Beach (17 miles from DL). It was very pretty, and not very crowded AT ALL. We were there on a Sunday, so I would have expected it to be fairly busy, but it wasn't. There are some pretty cool cliffs in that area, as well. There is also a beach-restaurant right there on the beach (can't think of the name of it off-hand).

We drove over to Crystal Cove State Park/Beach (17 miles from DL). It was very pretty, and not very crowded AT ALL. We were there on a Sunday, so I would have expected it to be fairly busy, but it wasn't. There are some pretty cool cliffs in that area, as well. There is also a beach-restaurant right there on the beach (can't think of the name of it off-hand).

Now THIS one sounds nice!! We love to hike and stuff too, so this may be the perfect beach for us!! Thank you for mentioning it!! :thumbsup2

Now THIS one sounds nice!! We love to hike and stuff too, so this may be the perfect beach for us!! Thank you for mentioning it!! :thumbsup2

Here's the website:

http://www.crystalcovestatepark.com/

It only took us about 30 minutes (with traffic and all) to drive from Downtown Disney to Crystal Cove. We rented a car, and used GPS to help us get there.

It was very pretty! If you go there, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

We stayed in one of the cottages here (learned about it here on the DIS), and the restaurant is called Beachcombers. I have fond and funny memories of that weekend. :)

btw - moving this to our So Cal section

Here's the website:

http://www.crystalcovestatepark.com/

It only took us about 30 minutes (with traffic and all) to drive from Downtown Disney to Crystal Cove. We rented a car, and used GPS to help us get there.

It was very pretty! If you go there, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

WHOOPS! LOL Sorry about posting in the wrong area! :blush:
Thank you for the tips and link on crystal cove! It sounds FAB and exactly our kind of beach!! :thumbsup2

Corona Del Mar is a gorgeous crescent shaped beach...these were shot in July about two years ago.

View from the top of the hill
IMG_8014.jpg

Looking South
IMG_7994.jpg

Relaxing on my towel
IMG_7991-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter