Where to stay?

DM2sherri

Earning My Ears
OPINIONS NEEDED: We are starting to plan on Oct. 2014 trip to WDW and are truly conflicted on where to stay! Traveling with DH, DS11, DS8 and possibly grandparents. We have stayed at WL the past 2 trips and it has been wonderful. The theming is beautiful. We would like to try another resort to spice things up a bit, but our honestly hesitant after the great time we had at WL.

DS11 loves drawing and really likes AoA. Also, the suites sleep 6 so in addition to it being a value resort, we could get by with one room. Also, it is unlikely that the boys will value the theming in a few years, so if we want to stay there, this is the year to do it. DM is very hesitant about the swing from a deluxe to moderate, the food court and transportation....

The location of BC and BW and the comparable luxury of WL is pulling me in that direction a bit too, but I know my kids won't appreciate the theming quite yet.

Then we have the Poly-great location, great amenities, and the monorail for MK where we will make the most visits and to other resorts adding dining options.

AKL and WL are also on the list!

Help! Is there a resort you would eliminate or one that you would stay at without doubt?

You could rent DVC points and stay in a two bedroom deluxe resort room at BC. The grandparents could have their own room and bathroom, too. Then you have access to Stormalong Bay. Your boys will be overwhelmed at all the fun they can have at that pool. Plus there is the largest game arcade of any resort right next to Beaches and Cream. Did I mention the best ice cream parlor is located here too? Oh ya, I did. AND, the variety of dining options is great. A short walk to Epcot for even more food options. DH and granddad could walk over to ESPN Club and watch some sports on the multitude of TVs. :scratchin

AoA is fun seeing all the photos and i have heard it has the best food court around...never stayed there myself

WL - amazing. We just stayed there and now can not picture ourselves anywhere else.

Poly - check out the construction updates as I do not know how long that will be going on and it will interfere with the monorail access

BC & BW are on my list for when we go to Food & Wine festival at Epcot. I have heard great things about both as far as getting around and comfort...I also have heard BW had a wonderful pool

I second the idea of renting DVC! AKV maybe? Similar style, but with the added bonus of the animals for the boys. A 2-bedroom villa would give you plenty of room to spread out. 6 nights in mid-October would be $3584 for a Savannah View (assuming a rate of $14 per point) ($3360 at Beach Club), while 2 rooms at the Poly during the same period would be a whopping $6376 just for standard view! Even if they were to offer a 30% discount on the Poly rooms, renting DVC would still be a far better value.

AoA would be great, but possibly a bit cramped. I think the table-bed thingie was meant more for younger children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter