Where to stay in San Diego (wishlist inside)?

I just looked at The Catamaran Resort quickly for June 1st-4th and saw that they were offering rooms at $189 a night. They also are offering a 450sq foot studio for $229 per night which include a free kitchen. We have stayed here before for a night and enjoyed it. It also has lovely bay beach access.

Another option would be to buy a San Diego Entertainment book. I have owned one for the past couple of years and have been able to get up to 50% off at some hotels in the area. You might want to call up a few and ask if they are offering the entertainment card discount during your planned stay. The times I have used it, they did not ask for the card number, but only wanted it when I checked in. You can purchase the book once you get a discounted room rate. :)

Those books also have great discounts on a lot of dining locations for San Diego.

We finally (!) booked the airfare for the DL/SD vacation we've been talking about for years. Unfortunately, since we're stretching it out to 12 days we have to go when the oldest is out of school so we will be setting forth on June 1.

I have been researching San Diego and, honestly, I am no closer to choosing one area than I was when I started. So confused. Can you help me by throwing out suggestions?

Our idea is that we'd like to stay somewhere near (on, preferably) a beach so, after spending the a.m. at Seaworld, Zoo, Wild Animal Park, etc, we could spend the post-nap hours letting the kids play in the sand.

The hotel has to allow our family of five, of course.

The sky isn't the limit with price but I do like my resort amenities - nice pool and grounds - and clean, spacious rooms are lovely too. We'd love to be walking distance or a short drive to great restaurants.

Does any location fit the bill best, first of all? Is Coronado too far out to be a base of operations? The Del would be wonderful but I am not sure the "no view" room we can afford there is worth it for us when a less well known place might let us see be oceanfront for less. I know you are paying a premium for the experience at the Del.

How about La Jolla?

Is there any hotel that fits the list I've described that you can throw out? Thanks!

We own a time share in La Jolla (Casa de la Playa off Coast Blvd across from beach see our ad at www.timesharesonly.com) but our week we will be renting out is for Sept 08 which I see you will be @ WDW. Sorry! Wish I could help you!

Edlyn G.
From Chino Hills, Ca.
New DVC owner
Looking forward to NYE @ BCV this year
BCV Oct. 2007
BCR Nov. 2005
DL/DCA 2 many times to count

We stayed on Shelter Island 5 years ago on our honeymoon (pre DL) and stayed at the Bay Club Resort. We loved the location and the views of the Bay and the marina. The free breakfast every morning was good also. The staff was excellent. We'd stay there again if we ever got back out to my favorite city!

We snagged the Loews Coronado Bay for 3 nights in June for $120 a night on Priceline....I normally don't go the Priceline route, but decided to have fun & give it a shot. It looks like a beautiful resort & I'm excited to give it a try. :hippie:

The Bahia in mission bay is reasonable and nicely located. They have rooms with kitchens that makes dinner and snacks easy. After a long day at the parks the last thing I wanted to do was go to a restaurant with whiney, tired kids.

Hotel Circle is a family choice too. If you're looking for a larger property with pools, etc. try Town & Country.

The beautiful thing about San Diego is you're barely in your room. There is so much to do and the weather is great. Everything is easy to get to and it's not that big. If you can, just avoid rush hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter