• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to purchase Mouse Ears at WDW

Wife of Grumpy

Earning My Ears
On our upcoming trip to WDW, we want to purchase Mickey Mouse Ears and have them personalized. Does anyone know if there is a published list of such places? Or if you know of some of the shops at WDW where we can buy the Ears please pass them along.

Thanks so much

I know I'm not going to be of too much help but here goes:

We got out personalized mouse ears in MK. I don't remember the name of the store but it's on the right hand side as you are facing the castle and it is in the cirlce part (not sure the correct name for this) before you head down main street. I'm sure if you ask one of the CM's at one of the stores they will direct you to the correct place (that's how we found it).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

The name of the store that you are referring to is Le Chapeau. As stated, it is on the right as you are facing the castle. It is one of the first shops you will see on the right as you enter the MK.

If you want a choice of color and font for your personalization, there is a place in MGM which will do the ears for a MUCH higher fee. But they are a LOT cuter.

Along with Le Chapeau in MK, there's also a little shop in Fantasyland by Dumbo and the Caroseul (sp?). I think there's a place in Adventureland and/or Frontierland, too.

Le Chapeau is a small store tucked in the side street. We tried to find it during the Spectromagic and almost missed it because of the crowd. It's located next to the Confectionary store--all the stores are connected. It's right behind where they make the pralines.

Kay

Thank you for your responses !

You have made my trip a little easier, now I will be sure not to miss the "Mickey Mouse Ears" store. That is the first thing my Nephews want to do, and they thank you too !

:bounce: :bounce:

Someone said there were princess mouse ears. Is this true?

I have two princesses who would love them if they do!!

yes, there are princess Mouse Ears - or Minnie mouse ears. The Princess Ears are a tall pink hat with a streamer down the back, and ears on them, I can't think what you would call them, maybe Maid Marion style? They are quite pricey, I think $20? but they are gorgeous, I bought my dd one, and she looked so cute, and she got such lovely comments from all the CM's who called her Princess all day.

the Minnie ears come in a few styles, we had one like a baseball hat with a little bow on the top between the ears, I think you can get the typical beanie style with a bow as well.

I don't think you can get a name on the Princess ears, or the Minnie hats though

Bev

devine5829,

They are not cheaper but, I have ordered MMEars unpersonalized and some other things from www.giftsofalifetime.com. They were delivered to our WDW area resort and were a fun surprise for the kiddo's to have something Disney waiting at check-in.

I found Gifts of a Lifetime advertisment in the AllEarsNet.com newsletter. Before I used them, I read about other people's experiences with them on this discussion board, all were positive.

The Disney Store (brick & mortor) nor Disney Store online do not carry MMEars.

:earseek:

If you want a choice of color and font for your personalization, there is a place in MGM which will do the ears for a MUCH higher fee. But they are a LOT cuter.

We got ours done at the Christmas place in Downtown Disney. Yes, you have to pay for the stitching, but it is a much better quality and you can choose the colors.

We got ours at the Geiger Counter kiosk in Tomorrowland. Both of my girls have pink ones, and they did get them personalized.

We also found that some ears have chin straps, and some don't. The chin straps are great for kids because they help the ears stay on.

How much are just the plain ears with a chin strap? How much do they add for personalizing? Do you think the ears are a must have souvenir for a 3 yr. old?

We got a pair of the basic black ones at the place in MK that everyone has been referring to. They were less than $10. We got them for our 2 yr. old dd. Not much interest at the time but she loves to wear them now, especially as we're planning our next trip. She has played very roughly with them and they have held up very well. I have had no problem with the quality. We plan to get her a different pair this trip. It's kind of a tradition for me. My parents always got me some when we went to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter