Where to go..or how to convince your children to take yr. off from Disney

Our kids are not asked where they want to go. We do, however, give them choices once the destination has been decided. This year, in August, we' re going to the DC area. My oldest (ds, 11) wants to see Gettysburg and dd (8) thinks the Boyds Bear place is a good choice. We're also going to a baseball game, for both boys. I discover the places we can go, choose what I want our family to do, and then offer the choices.

Last summer it was San Diego. We also would like to go to Williamsburg, San Antonio, Seattle area, Denver, the Smoky Mtns and Saint Louis, so we have lots more places to go!

We seem to have a WDW trip every 3 years, and a DL trip every year (we're so close we can drive, we often stay off site and bring much of our own food, so it's pretty cheap)

Julia

My kids favorite destination is Hawaii. We've taken them twice (the oldest is starting college, the youngest is 10) and everytime someone mentions the word vacation, they ask if we can go back! Not in the plans for quite a while!!
There is SO much to do there, and we met many families that make annual trips.
On Maui, we stayed at an oceanfront hotel (Kaanapali Beach Hotel), and could just walk down to the beach and snorkel. At the hotel, we also took a lei making class. We rode the Sugarcane train, went to a aquarium, did a whale watch cruise and lots of other stuff.
In fact, there was so much to do (sounds like WDW, doesn't it!?) that we took the second trip so we could enjoy more "off" time and just lay on the beach and relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter