Where to Find Characters

Duchie

"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do
I'm sure this topic has been covered before, so please bear with me.

Does anyone know where I can go to find out what different characters can be found in the park, and where they might be? Last time we went, we lucked into finding so many of the ones the kids wanted to see. But this year, my DS, who is 3, has put in a few special requests. He has specifically asked for Hercules among others. Are any of the "leading men" ever walking around? If so, where can I find a list of who usually shows up and where?

We found Hercules at MGM last summer ... a bunch of the characters were scattered around the Sorceror's Hat (sp)... we also got Cruela De Vil's signature (she told my granddaughter to "be naughty for mommy and grandmama), Alice and Gepetto.

This summer we're on a Princess hunt for my GD and my GS is determined to get Peter Pan's autograph.

I think if you ask at a park when entering they will tell you if someone is scheduled to appear that day. We saw Peter Pan in January at MGM. I love finding the characters myself!

We met Herc last winter at MGM at the Sorcerors Hat as well. That is where many of the characters appear. My friend had some requests of where to find certain ones and we would usually ask a CM or one of the character "handlers" . They usually gave accurate info..and always ask more than 1 person.

I just learned about a resource called the chip hotline. You can call this line starting at 9:00am any day to ask where & when any character may be found that day in the parks. I don't know the number but I'm certain guest relations at any resort could provide it. We try to avoid doing meet & greets in the park. They can take up so much time with waiting in line. We have opted for one or two character meals instead. This way our daughter has recieved great interaction with the characters. This last trip at Epcot, we did luck out. The character bus comes to the front gate just before the park opens. Then they unload just behind spaceship earth. We headed straight there and beat the crowds. My daughter got to see Jimney Cricket ( I had never seen him before!), Marry Poppins, Timon, Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, and a couple others. We did not have any lines to speak of and she saw all of them in under 20 minutes. Also, if you are lining up in the evening for the SpectroMagic parade they do meet & greet on the green in front of the railroad station. This is a really good curb seat for the parade. While one adult saves your seats the other can be in line for characters.

My understanding regarding the chip hotline is that a CM must call, so I don't think you will be able to locate the number. We were told to go to any Disney location that had a phone (a gift shop for instance, or guest relations or even your resort) and ask a CM to call the chip hotline. One of the times we did this, it was before 9am and that is when they told us the info was not available until after 9am. Also, sometimes they can tell you when there will be a non-published meet and greet, but may not know exactly which charaters would appear. This happened when we were at MGM and asked about Mulan, they told us that at a certain time, there would be a number of face characters appearing, but they weren't certain if Mulan would be appearing that day. In fact Mulan did not appear there, but about 10 other face characters did appear.

Boy, I almost feel a bit thick in the head for asking this but...

What is meant by "face" characters or "face time"? I've seen both of these terms. Does that mean real people (like the princesses) as opposed to the costumed characters (like Mickey)?

Originally posted by Duchie
Boy, I almost feel a bit thick in the head for asking this but...

What is meant by "face" characters or "face time"? I've seen both of these terms. Does that mean real people (like the princesses) as opposed to the costumed characters (like Mickey)?

Yep, princesses, Hercules, Cruela De Vil, etc. are face characters (you can see their faces) ... Mickey, Minnie, etc. aren't.

Face characters talk, the others just use hand gestures/body language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter