Where should we make PS's for the first night?

mom2mira

Mouseketeer
Okay, some of you will probably yell at me, but we have PS's for Hoop Dee Doo for the evening we get to Disney that I am going to cancel. Partly because it's the first night and I'm afraid we may be too tired to take it all in at 7:15 and partly because I accidentally overbooked our table service PS's for the meal plan and this one takes two. We really like the others we have(3 character meals, Sci Fi, and CRT[dinner-not a character meal, right?] ). I need to book something that is on the plan for that evening. We arrive April 16th, so I know it may be hard to get something we want. We might do a park for a little that evening, so anything in or out of a park would be fine. Where would you suggest?

I guess it depends on your group and what park you'll head to first. We've got 7 kids in our group of 15 ranging from 14 mos to 15 yrs. We will arrive on a Sunday mid-afternoon. We decided that we should probably eat at our resort (Chef Mickey's @ CR) because we plan to do MK that evening and figure that eating will NOT be the first thing the kids will want to do upon arriving at the park. :teeth: We'll This has a lot to do with their ages though. If you're with older kids or adults then I'd eat at whatever park you go to. Maybe a quick buffet or counter meal before you dive into WDW.

Have fun! :wave2:

It's my DH, my DD(4) and myself. We definitely want to do table service since we're on the meal plan. I already have one table service a day for the other days(mix of B,L and D) and though I know you don't have to do just one a day and could mix it up, I just find it easier that way.

We have Chef Mickey's for brekfast the next AM. I had originally tried to get it for dinner sometime while we are there, but there was no seating left except something like 8:50pm. I would love a dinner there, but I would think that since this is a Friday night, we probably wouldn't get in without a PS.

We are tentatively planning to go to MK, but we could go just about anywhere and may just decide to eat out and then come right back to relax or swim.

How about Kona at the Polynesian? The food is really good and well worth using for your plan. Zipping to dinner on the monorail is a nice way to travel as well.

If you want to stay in the MK, the CRT is a very magical setting. We haven't had dinner there in a long time but lunch was always good and many people report enjoying dinner. It is not a character meal at dinner but you may run into a character in the lobby.

We're doing our first night's meal at Ohana's. That would be a nice short monorail ride for you from MK and would be good food for the adults and still fun for your dd without being over the top like a character meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter