Where Else.?

Aprilimgoing

Mouseketeer
Lots of people have said that they are fed up and may try to go else where instead of these boards...........I just wondered where people were thinking of going. Can we start again on uk boards..........what do you have to do.......I am a complete technophobic so i probably sound really stupid...........But can we have a discussion on how you go about setting up these boards, what it takes ect so that everyone has a better understanding of how things work, but in stupid peoples language.

Sorry to those of you with technological brains if I sound dim!

I was so sad to loose our Uk community and up until last night I would have said 'lets stick with the US boards as our new home. However after trying to access the boards for hours yesterday and getting completely frustrated I am now wondering what the future holds for us all. :(

Perhaps the DIS has become a victim of it's own success and can't keep up with the demand.

Having said that - would somewhere else be any better? Perhaps its a case of 'the devil you know'

So there we have it - clear as mud :(

The occasional slow speed is frustrating, but I don't think that trying to start all over again is such a good idea. I've found that it is better to access the DIS in the morning in the UK (before the USA has woken up).

Regards

Rob

What you guys all need is broadband access! I keep the boards open in 2 separate windows and, when I'm not sure whether my post has registered, I just switch to the other window and refresh - it's all virtually instantaneous with broadband so there's not really any hanging around. And whenever you get the '60 seconds' message, you know your post has registered.

Deb

Who is your broadband ISP? I'm looking to work at home more often, and a quick internet link would be helpful.

Regards

Rob

thats great, but not everyone is able to access the net in the mornings, or have Broadband access. :(

I know everyone is feeling upset and fustrated about losing our home, but i really am surprised that some of you are actually considering leaving!!!!!! My mother always taught me to stick by my family at hard times!!! I don't mean to offend anyone and i am also fustrated that nothing obvious is being done to restore the great community we had built up on the UK site. But please lets not all try and split up believe me not all other boards are as friendly as the DIS!!!

Eda

Rob, we're with Telewest (Blueyonder) and we've been really impressed - we hardly ever have any problems and they seem to work on enhancements constantly. We pay £25 per month, a discount of £5 on the standard price as we have their TV package.

Angel - you're quite right, we're lucky to live in an area with cable. During the mornings I don't find any difference here than I did with the UK boards - everything is instantaneous. Even during the evenings everything works pretty quickly. Obviously I still get the problems with posts not showing on the forum 'lists', but at least I don't have any of the other problems which seem to be frustrating so many other people.

We too are on Broadband (telewest). I have had the same problems as other people too. Not being able to get on in the boards in the evenings etc...

We dont have the TV package as we think it is not worth the money, (we have sky digital) but we do have the phone package were you pay £25 per month for talk unlimited. As broadband doesnt hog your phone line this is great.

Hi there, folks. I can understand and feel your frustration on this but please bear with us. The technical side of things has become a real tangle with a HUGE influx of board activity in the last couple of months and it is going to take the Tech gods a week or so to figure it all out. There are some major decisions to be made, and the costs of maintaining the site are obviously an issue, but I'm confident things will be sorted out in good time and we will be back to our normal Community-orientated style as it was before, if not even better. I know it's easy to say 'Stick with it', but, please, 'Stick with it.' This remains the best - by far - Disney website and discussion forum when fully functioning and this is just a temporary glitsch.

Thanks,

Simon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter