Where Do You Leave Diaper Bags While Riding?

GirlWriter

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm just wondering what most of you do with your diaper bags while you're on rides.

We're renting a stroller from Disney so am not worried about someone "stealing" it per se, but since I have read several trip reports lately that mentioned stolen strollers, I'm concerned about it being stolen with our diaper bag in it, as that and its contents would be a hassle to replace during the trip.

But I assume that's the only option, since (I assume) you can't take a diaper bag on most of the rides with you?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

We always take our diaper bag on rides with us. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any ride in which you CAN'T take the diaper bag with you.

Oh! Didn't know that. I was trying to remember what we did last year when we went, and I thought I remembered that on at least one ride (Dumbo) we had to leave it in the stroller because there was no space for it in the vehicle.

When my DD was in diapers, our "diaper bag" was our backpack. It had a little changing pad, wipes and diapers in it. She nursed so I didn't need to pack a bunch of bottles and things like that. The backpack just came on the rides with us. If you just have a "traditional" diaper bag you can haul it around with you or you can just leave in in the stroller as long as there is nothing valuable left in it like a phone or camera. I wouldn't worry about your stroller being taken by someone. For every reported stroller theft, there are thousands of strollers that not bothered. In fact, I think that leaving something in the stroller will make it less likely that your WDW stroller will be "stroller-napped" by someone. I think most stroller "thefts" are by people who mistake a stroller for their own or who just want to "borrow" a stroller. In either case, a diaper bag (or another kind of personalization) would deter the "thieves".

I leave the big diaper bag in the stroller. I also carry a small purse type bag where I keep my cameras, KTTW, ID, autograph books/pens, hand sanitizer, kleenex and a couple small snacks in there. Whenever we leave the stroller, that comes with. BUT, I carry a bunch of stuff into the parks, so there is no way I would bring my BIG backpack with me everywhere.

Thanks for everyone's help! I'll have a backpack diaper bag and a small purse. I think I will try to keep both with me when we're riding, but if I have to leave the backpack in the stroller, I'll just pray it's still there when we return! I'm hopeful -- I agree that most "thefts" are probably just accidental. I know bad people are everywhere, but I'm hopeful that they have a minimal presence in DisneyWorld!

:goodvibes

We recently took a trip with DD 1. We had a standard diaper bag with us and had no problems bringing it on rides. Either my DH or I would have it down between our feet. Also, we took our own stroller and it was never touched (I was always worried that when I came off a ride it would be gone, but it was always right where we left it).

I usually leave my diapers and snack bag in the stroller when we're on rides as long as it doesn't have my camera and money in it. I guess I'm lucky that nothing has ever happened to it. It makes me nervous at times, and my DH reassures me everything will be fine.

We always left our diaper bag in the stroller and never had a problem. Many trips we also had jackets and sweatshirts left in there. We would never leave a camera or money in there, but everything else was easiily replaced IMHO and it is much more enjoyable not to have to haul that crap onto every ride. Especially as we often parked the stroller and toured a land for several hours before moving onto the next one.

I have a bigger backpack that I'm planning to take into the parks that will have some extra things in it (ponchos, change of clothes for each of the kids, diapers, wipes, etc.) and then a smaller mini backpack that will fit inside the bigger one that I'll put all real valuables in, like my little wallet and the camera. The mini backpack will be brought on the rides while the bigger backpack stays behind with the stroller. That way, if the backpack really is stolen, the only thing they'll get is some kids' clothes and diapers.

We left all our snacks, water bottles, hand wipes, ponchos etc in the stroller. Had our valuables with us in a small bag at all times. No one bothered our stroller. B/c the rental strollers all look the same, and b/c CMs sometimes re-park them to make things more efficient, I put a sign with our name on the handle (I found the sign on here - the Dis- somewhere). Printed it out, laminated it, punched 2 holes in it and used pipe cleaners to attach. Made the stroller easy to find and (possibly) helped deter thieves - although that wasn't why I labeled it.
Have a great trip!!

We have always left our bags with jackets, snacks, clothes, etc. in the stroller and have taken a backpack with wallets, cameras, and other valuables on the rides with us. We have never encountered a problem....thankfully. Last trip I even left my camera sitting on top of the stroller shade while we went on a ride. It was still there when we came out. The stroller was parked in front of the Haunted Mansion at MNSSHP so it was crazy busy too.

Hi all! I'm just wondering what most of you do with your diaper bags while you're on rides.

We're renting a stroller from Disney so am not worried about someone "stealing" it per se, but since I have read several trip reports lately that mentioned stolen strollers, I'm concerned about it being stolen with our diaper bag in it, as that and its contents would be a hassle to replace during the trip.

But I assume that's the only option, since (I assume) you can't take a diaper bag on most of the rides with you?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

You actually CAN bring the diaper bag on most all of the rides. We never used a diaper bag, I always used a backpack instead. And honestly, I usually just left it in the stroller at Disney. I never even gave a thought to the possibility of our stroller being stolen.

I had a 10 month old who needed the whole deal: diapers, wipes, extra clothes, baby food and formula as I was only nursing at night by then. I also had a change of clothes in the bag for my daughter in case she spilled something, her autograph book, hand sanitizer, snacks for both children and sunscreen. The bag wasn't heavy but it was large and while I didn't take it every time, I had no problem taking it on rides. I have to admit we did not ride Dumbo, but we did ride Peter Pan, Pooh, Alladin, Triceratop Spin, Small World, Boat ride in Mexico at Epcot (name escapes me), Nemo at Epcot…well you get the idea. I did leave it in the stroller a few times, but we also had the tendency to park the stroller in a centralized location and go do several things (I wore ds during the trip) so sometimes, I wanted to keep the bag with me.

I left sweatshirts, rain jackets and the stroller rain cover in the bottom compartment of the stroller.

I also use a backpack diaper bag. I got it from lands end 6 years ago and its still going strong.

That was one of the greatest things we noticed about Disney. You could leave anthing in your stroller and it would still be there later. You know at first we took everything with us from the stroller, but more and more we noticed others who were leaving their merchandise in their stroller, and then we tried it leaving little things here and there until the last few days we were leaving everything but my purse. I left my camcorder, gifts, books and nothing got taken. This was in September to, I don't know if that made a difference.

We just left it in the bottom of the stroller. I never owned one of those designer diaper bags and all it had was a change of clothes, some diapers and wipes. Nothing that was hard to replace.

I have heard that as well and instead of a diaper bag I take a backpack, that way its not to much stress on one side of your shoulder. It has been more efficient when going on the rides and just having around at the park.

I had my camera bag with me at all times, but had a large ziploc bag with pull-ups, wipes, sunscreen, snacks, etc. and the always stayed in the stroller. The ziploc bag made it a little easier going through security and I thought with the see through bag no one would want to steal diapers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter