Where do we get the busses from (mini rant included)

teskak

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but my email server has died and I cannot access my home email while staying in AKL.

I went to Swan / Dolphin today to collect a hire car and to reconfirm locations for the bus transfers to the port.

I asked the Concierge at the Dolphin about the transfers on Sunday - knew nothings about it

I asked the Concierge at the Swan about the transfers and particularly the locaton of the hire busses.

The Concierge:
1) Informed me there were no Disney busses coming to the resort after I had already advised it was a private group going to the Disney cruise.
2) Had never heard of DisBoards
3) Had never heard of WDW Info or the Podcast
4) Had never heard of Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Then

Gave a vague indication of where busses might pull up next to the convention area. Now in my view the Concierge of a 5 star hotel should know everything to do with their hotel. I thought the Dis / Dreams had a close relationship with the Swan / Dolphin, so why would the Concierge have no idea about it?

So for the Dreams people still logged in, after I return the rental car to the valet, where do I go with my luggage?

thanks

That is frustrating!!! But I am sure someone here will have the answer for you soon. I am not taking the bus with you guys so I do not know sorry :(

SLAP SLAP for the Swan and Dolphin for not knowing DL or the DIS!!! :eek: :furious:

I just found this for you from Kathy on another post... everything but the place- sorry

Only a week left!!!

When you show up to meet for the buses, you'll:

* check in and get your credentials.

* bring your luggage and it will be loaded on the buses. Have it tagged and ready, and have your carryons figured out and keep them with you.

* Get on the bus and get ready for FUN!!!

It looks like the three buses will be full, so be ready to get in and get settled. As soon as we fill each bus, it will head off to Port Canaveral.

Try to arrive at 10:30, we'd like to be loaded and headed to port by 11:00! pirate:

(Can't wait to see everyone!!!)

John advised that we are meeting the buses at the Valet area of the Swan.

SWAN.jpg

Thanks for that - it is the same place we return our rental car.

It might be an idea for Pete to have a "chat" with his contacts at the Swan / Dolphin because this view of "never heard of them" is a bit disconcerting coming from a concierge. I could understand that from the bell staff, but the dismissive attitude is just wrong for that level hotel.

It does not leave me inspired to consider staying there in the future.

Fortunately, the Swan's driveway area is not huge. I don't think you will have a problem finding everyone.

See you soon.

I am sorry to hear you had difficulty with the Swan/Dolphin.

I did try to make sure everyone knew where to meet the buses with a couple of emails and posting on the boards. I am sorry if that information didn't get to you.

The buses for the DIS/Dreams transfers will be at the valet area at the Swan. Buses will arrive prior to 10:30AM to start loading passengers. Several folks from Dreams/DIS will be on hand to assist.

At that time they will also be handing out your podcast cruise credentials.

As soon as a bus is full it will depart. We hope to have the last bus depart no later than 11AM.

While I never specifically informed the Swan/Dolphin of the buses I assumed they knew based on the number of group rooms we booked and what we did last time. This is my fault - I should have contacted them and specifically told them about the buses.

We have since contacted our folks at the Swan/Dolphin and asked they they inform their staff of the details of the buses in case anyone else asks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter