Where at WDW would you spend your $300 - $1,200 GOV'T REBATE CHECK?????????

binwinbinwin

Disney fan
I'd spend my check at Old Key West with some character dining meals at Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace. How would you spend your economic recovery check????

I say spending it anywhere in disney would be the best, maybe an upgrade in the resort we are staying or stay in a value resort and add a few days to our vacation :cloud9:

I'll splurge for Magic Express transportation to and from Orlando Int'l Airport. I was one of the "naughty" ones that put my last rebate in the bank.

I would be going to WDW with that money :). We are not doing any vacations this year because we have 3 weddings (all of which my wife is matron of honor) and we are planning to put a deck on our house

We're planning on using ours to hit La Nouba and do more shopping than we would have. We're Hitting the I-Drive outlets after we move offiste after our resort stay.

I <3 Outlets

we will probably be able to upgrade our resort. we were hoping to stay at a moderate, but the rack rate was killing us. (no discounts out for the summer months). we were going with a value resort and this might make a moderate in our price range.

I'll splurge for Magic Express transportation to and from Orlando Int'l Airport. I was one of the "naughty" ones that put my last rebate in the bank.

Isn't ME free??

I would buy a bunch of Disney clothes for our trip, and Teva's for the boys and me!!

MMM this will exactly cover the expense spreadsheet I put together for our food and (a few) of our souvenirs!!

Has anyone heard an estimate for when they hope to get these out to everyone? I read June somewhere...but it would sure be nice earlier...so we can all stimulate the economy, of course!! :rotfl:

Isn't ME free??

I would buy a bunch of Disney clothes for our trip, and Teva's for the boys and me!!

I'm sorry, it is I was just being a bit of a, well you know, a smart donkey.

I'm not a big fan of these rebates. It will just mean less of a refund or paying when filing the '08 returns.

I have never done Photo Pass, and we hardly ever buy any souveniers, so I'd spend it on those two first. Then I'd add in an extra day or two, with a visit to MGM...we've never done that park..

Are the rebates a for sure thing now? Last I know it was still a possibility.

I would spend mine on adding a few extra days then using a couple relaxing days in between.

It's sounding fairly certain now. Congress has completed it, and I'm guessing it will be signed into effect. Expected to be paid in June.

Thank you, jberry5!!!! I thought I was the only one who remembered the fiasco of the 2001 "rebates."

Seriously, I can think of a million ways to give Disney my "rebate," but I am quite concerned that in all of this "rebate" hoopla, they are failing to inform taxpayers that this isn't really a "rebate" at all - more like a loan. In 2001 my DH and I happily used our rebates for fun stuff - found money is fun money, right? Then when they basically asked for that money back come tax time we were furious! Very deceiving.

Please enjoy dreaming about what you will do with your "rebate," but considering hanging onto it until they ask for it back. Maybe we can make a few bucks in interest.

Please don't flame me! I want to play, too! I'm just so worried that these "rebates" are going to make most people worse off than before.

I should state that at this point, I have no way of being certain these will be handled like they were in 2001, but that is my assumption. Get $1200 now, reduce your refund by $1200 come April 15, 2009, or increase the amount you would have owed by $1200.

Thank you, jberry5!!!! I thought I was the only one who remembered the fiasco of the 2001 "rebates."

Seriously, I can think of a million ways to give Disney my "rebate," but I am quite concerned that in all of this "rebate" hoopla, they are failing to inform taxpayers that this isn't really a "rebate" at all - more like a loan. In 2001 my DH and I happily used our rebates for fun stuff - found money is fun money, right? Then when they basically asked for that money back come tax time we were furious! Very deceiving.

Please enjoy dreaming about what you will do with your "rebate," but considering hanging onto it until they ask for it back. Maybe we can make a few bucks in interest.

Please don't flame me! I want to play, too! I'm just so worried that these "rebates" are going to make most people worse off than before.

Oh I remember them alright. And I remember some clients being upset when I brought this to light when preparing their returns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter