• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When did this start?

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
I just made reservations at CBR for our May 2004 trip. I booked an 8 night room only reservation (we have APs). The CM told me when the deposit was due and then told me that the balance was due by March 17. We will arrive on May 1. On all of our previous trips we were told that the balance is due at check in. We always pay the balance off in advance anyway, but I was just wondering when the policy changed.

In June 2003 I booked a resort for July 2003 and paid in full. They hit the CC that day.

Originally posted by disneyvoice
I just made reservations at CBR for our May 2004 trip. I booked an 8 night room only reservation (we have APs). The CM told me when the deposit was due and then told me that the balance was due by March 17. We will arrive on May 1. On all of our previous trips we were told that the balance is due at check in. We always pay the balance off in advance anyway, but I was just wondering when the policy changed.

Did you book through CRO or WDWTC? If you book "room only" through WDWTC it is still a "package" to them so you have to pay in advance.

Looks like you booked thru WDWTC. Payment is due 45 days out, and March 17 is exactly 45 days before May 1st. (Just did a quick count ;)

Hope this helps,
Diznee25

CRO and WDWTC often answer the same WDW reservation phone number. Unless you ask upfront you wouldn't know who you are talking to. The deposit and cancellation terms for room only reservations are MUCH better with CRO. WDWTC agents can also book via the CRO system, but you have to ask them to switch over on their computer.

CRO = "Central Reservation Office" See: http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

I would also add that WDWTC answering phones from the CRO phone number isn't part of some sneaky plot to extract cash from people sooner. It appears that at busier calling times overflow phone traffic for CRO is diverted to WDWTC so people won't have to wait on hold as long. This practice has been around for some time now.

If you do call CRO to book room-only and get the travel co., you should still be under the CRO policies regarding cancelation and full payment due upon arrival.
This has happened to us twice, including our upcoming Aug. trip to the Contemporary, and a call back to CRO fixed the problem.:D

I had the same thing happen. We booked a room only reservation under the annual passholder rate. Our reservation slip wanted the balance 21 days out. Anyhow we were suprised to say the least since we had the 12 digit CRO confirmation #. Well my mother went to pay the final balance on the phone and the cast member told her she would fix our reservation since it was room only and not a package so that we wouldn't have to pay the rest until our arrival. I hope we still have a room when we check in.:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter