• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wheelchairs

mildsauce

Earning My Ears
I've already been to disney world before, but never payed attention to whether or not they allow people in wheelchairs to go on the rides. I'll be going with my uncle soon and although he is disabled (broken legs) he still wants to go on the rides instead of just carting around. thx :cool1:

Welcome to both DisBoards and the disABILTIES! Forum.

A lot of your questions can be answered in the "disABILTIES! FAQ", which you can get to by clicking on "disABILITIES" at the top of this page which takes you to the index; the FAQ is the third item down.

Many of the rides have cars where a wheelchair can be driven on directly. Others the chair can be parked very close to the ride and the person must transfer. There are links in the FAQ to the "Guidebook for Guests With Disabilities" which are in .pdf format so you can print them at home.

Another very useful source is the Passporter Guide to WDW For People with Disabilities which is very comprehensive. It can be ordered at www.passporter.com, or at Amazon or any other online bookstore; just be sure to ask for some sort of expedited delivery.

If you have more specific questions please feel free to ask them.

If there are any rides he is especially interested in going on, post here and we can tell you about them.
There are some rides where a person with a broken leg might have more difficulty getting on, especially if he can't bear weight on the broken leg or has a long cast. Even if he can't get out of the wheelchair easily, there is still a lot ot do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter