Whats your total budget for a 5 day trip?

disneybuck

Earning My Ears
Can you give me an idea of your total budget for a 5-day trip to the world ( value resort, meals,tickets,etc.).
I need help so I can plan a trip in December.

Need more data. What amount do you feel is reasonable for a trip. How many are traveling. Would you feel okay with being in a non-Disney hotel.

We're planning a trip this summer for around $1600. We're driving down, and our hotels for down and back will be will be around $70 (Priceline) Gas--$150?, 4 nights at the Swan $570 (teacher rate), tickets for 4 days-$750, that leaves food and it depends on how you do it. We eat breakfast and sometimes lunch in the room, and eat casual dinners. If you do nicer restaurants or character meals, it really adds up.

Good luck!

I was so pleased with myself spending less than I thought I would for a 10 day trip this May(. The key for me was staying off site at a place they had a great free breakfast. Spent a lot less on food because of this. We were way more full than if we had just eaten cereal in our room.

5 day park hopper passes for 4 bought at Disney store for 790.00 with DC
rental car 230.70 for 10 days(all fees included) with DC discount, National
hotel, CI&S Calypso Cay Way 42.40 a night(tax included) entertainment rate
food $600 TOTAL!! for all 10 days!!! We ate big breakfast at 7:30 am, had a few snacks like fruit snacks with us, ate big later lunch at many different airconditioned counter service restaurants for about $30, had ice cream and other snacks about 5 or 6, and then ate dinner off-site (delivery, McDonalds, or buffet)(too tired for anything fancy!!!)
I had really budgeted $40 per person per day, and I thought I was being too cheap. DH said we were too hot to be too interested in food, plus we were guzzling sooo much water maybe we didn't have room for food!
We packed lots empty wide mouth water bottles, filled them with ice, and took those to the parks with us so we did not have to buy water(my friend who went in April spent about $50 perday on water for her family of four---OUCH!!)I just carried them in these 2 insulated bags that held about 3, 20 oz Powerade bottles each.

Souveniers, well, that was up for grabs!!!

Don't know if you were planning on a rental car, but we needed one to go to the beach, switch to Universal, etc

Good Luck!!

Lets see....232.00 for hotel 3 nights All Star Music, and 100.00 for 2 day park pass, and 250.00 for food for 5 days, and 80.00 for transportation-includes bus there and back and transportation between hotel and station. Oh, and 25.00 for 5 night pleasure Island, and 30.00 for Typhoon Lagoon. :D

This is our eight day budget for our upcoming June trip (me, the mom) and 2 teens):

Hotel: off site first night -probably will Priceline for around $40
Hotel: All Star Music 7 nights with Disney Club discount: $660.18 (I had a cheaper rate but lost it when we had to change dates a few weeks ago )
Tickets: Kids: $130
Me: $100
(These are prorated amounts with our Premium Annual Passports-cost divided by # of days used. We used these last August, at Thanksgiving and I will use mine again in July)
Meals: Lunch at Restaurant Akershus (w/tax and tip) $50
Dinner at Boma (w/tax and tip) $85
6 Quick and Causal Vouchers $66 (we use two per meal)
The rest of our meals will be prepared in the room. Since we'd be eating at home anyway I don't count these..
Gas: $80
The kids will pay for their own souvenirs and extras.

Total: $1211.18 (or around $150/day)

We are going down in July and staying five nights at CBR. Total estimated cost is just under $1800. That includes hotels on the way down, room at CBR, park hoppers and food and souvenirs. Now that only allows $100 a day for food and souvenirs, but DW and I learned years ago at Disney to cut food costs by buying a meal and splitting it when in the parks. Also, split the drink. We are married, we can do that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter