What's your supply chain issue? How's this one for a start?

Healthcare is ridiculous in America. It's the one cost that keeps a lot of the people I know from retiring. It's like minimum wage and unemployment insurance. If you keep both low enough, you keep workers working for less money. A travesty.

Right now, my friends would rather pay up for ACA plans than deal with their daily workload. That says a lot. I expect worker shortages to continue as the population ages out and older workers are too fed up to work.
Sadly though, you get what you pay for.

We have had a couple of items that have been difficult.

DH sleeps with a c-pap that has a humidifier attachment. We use distilled water for it, and have had a difficult time finding it. And when we do find it, we can rarely get the 3 gallon containers we prefer.

we have also noticed some snack items are not easily found. We went looking for gingersnaps (really wanted the gingerbread Oreos that were out last year, but can’t find them anywhere) and they were totally out. We have never not found them before.

An interesting one - my amazon subscribe and save finally failed to deliver an item I had subscribed to in the same month - their olive oil is OOS (at least in the cheap price size I got - I think they have the big ones), and it still has not shipped here for 9 days after my initial monthly S&S delivery date, and they have not updated when I might get it - it's still just "delayed"...

Saw this in the WSJ this morning and will post link below for anyone who can read it, but the gist is that the cost to ship a container across the pacific dropped by 26% last week....due to demand easing. So, that's at least a blip of light at the end of the tunnel. Ports are still jammed and we have a serious shortage of workers to move things around this country, but demand easing at the international level is a start.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ocean-shipping-rates-fall-but-ports-are-still-jammed-11636972201

I can find what I need but the price gouging is ABSURD!

I had a bad car accident a month ago, and totaled my car. We prefer to buy, due to the fact that we keep our cars as long as we can. I know that inventory is very low, and that there is no "normal "negotiating" right now. What is upsetting to me is the PRICE GOUGING. All but one car dealorship we have been has an additional markup of $3,000 - $5.000. This is on top of the bottom line of the price. Disgusting.

Having a hard time finding plastic tablecloths in round especially seasonal! Not the cheap use for one day type of plastic. I used to change my tablecloths out every month and have it go along with the time of season we were in.

Eta......not the end of my world of course. Many of you are searching for wayyyyy more important things, I know.

I was told this morning that there's a national paper shortage.

paper companies are having a difficult time keeping up with demand. There are also bottleneck issues within the domestic supply chain. In some cases there is plenty of the product but there’s no packaging available due to problems elsewhere in the supply chain. And if you wondering why the price of paper-products have climbed, the price of wood pulp has gone from something like $750/ton to $1250/ton.

Hold up…..this sounds delicious. Can you share the recipe/process? Or is it as simple as just melting the chips on the Graham crackers?

It is just melting the chips on the crackers.... lol layer a cookie sheet with tin foil and then lay down the crackers in a single layer. Sprinkle the chips all over and bake. As soon as they start looking shiny and are soft (not long 5-10ish minutes) take it out and use a spatula to spread the chips around. Let it cool completely and then crush/break up into smaller pieces.

For whatever reason it is SO good and impossible to stop eating!

So what are the turkey prices in your area? Most Thanksgiving sales should have started by now.

men's dress shirts-check with your local tux rental shops. there's a maximum number of times most will rent a shirt out before it's 'retired'. retired dress shirts in a variety of colors can be purchased for pennies on the dollar (i used to get them for my son when he was in high school choir and outgrowing them constantly or needed a special color). and just for the record-if you need just simple garment bags-$2 or $3 a piece for brand new ones (great for protecting out of season clothing stored away).

So what are the turkey prices in your area? Most Thanksgiving sales should have started by now.
97cents a pound a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I don't have space in my freezer for a turkey, so I wind up buying one about 5-6 days before Thanksgiving and just put it in the fridge to thaw in time for cooking.

Yes we do. Both the "Happy California Cows" and "Real California Dairy" ads. I had to look up, but the average California dairy farm has 1,263 cows. If each cow produces 6 to 7 gallons of milk today, even with that many cattle it wouldn't be enough milk to fill up at 12,000 gallon milk tanker. So I can see the need for bigger herds.
Tankers used to come to farms, once every 3 days. Milk was stored at in big coolers in the milk house. I know some farmers that still drink unpasteurized whole milk. And now it is known the fat in whole milk is a good fat. I cannot drink it. Too creamy.

I paid .39 cents a lb. For a 20 lb. Jennie O. Butterball was. .49 a lb. My little old Piggly Wiggly did not price gouge.

I randomly found cranberry sauce yesterday. 😃

It's not even what I was there for, but I heard someone unfamiliar with my local store looking for it, so I checked the normal spot to help her out, and it was back in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter