• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's Your Favorite Ride?

Without a doubt, Splash Mt. It tells a fantastic story with great Disney-esque music. And then the DROP! And then one of the greatest Disney tunes of all time: Zipadee-Doo-Dah. Doesn't get any better than that.

X2
I couldn't have said it better myself. Used to be Pirates, but since they added Jack Sparrow, and changed a few other details it just isn't the same. Still a great ride, but not the same for me.

You might be the first person I've ever seen say Splash is better at DLR than at MK!

Yeah, I actually snapped my head back when I read it. While both are great and my favorite at either resort, the one at WDW is better. Better because it moves about 25% slower and you can take in more of the great theming.

For me it's BTMRR. Partly because as a kid it was my mom's favorite ride to go on with me.

It's too hard to decide!! I LOVE them all!!

I guess if I had to narrow it down, it would be:
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Haunted Mansion
-Star Tours
-Jungle Cruise
-Peter Pan
-Alice in Wonderland

California Adventure:
-Radiator Springs Racers
-Soarin'
-Toy Story Midway Mania
-Grizzly River Rapids
-Monster's Inc.

I'd go with Big Thunder mainly because its my wifes favorite and both of my kids love it so it is the family favorite. Personally, If I was there alone I think I would go with Splash Mountain.

Yeah, first instinct like always for me is "PotC, all the way." But then reading everybody else's posts made me smile to remember all the cool features of those other rides. Love so many of them.

But PotC will always have my heart. :lovestruc Because, you know, dead men tell no tales.

At WDW its Splash Mountain hands down.

At DL/DCA it goes a little like this:
Pirates
Radiator Springs Racers
Tiki Room (it's a heart favorite and I know not a ride)
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Tea Cups at night
Splash

My "yes I'm at Disneyland" ride is the teacups. It's the ride I remember seeing in pictures as a kid, never imagining I would ever go...

Favourite ride overall flips around a bit but currently is Tower of Terror. Just love the anticipation then the thrill and my backside lifting an inch off the seat. I end up laughing hysterically the whole time it is going up and down.

Consistent family fave with our 9 & 6 yo girls is Big Thunder. Just the right amount of thrill without being too fast.

My Favorite ride is POC. Has been since my first visit to DL when I was 12 (in my 40s now). I also love that I can ride it several times each day because the line moves so fast there are plenty of times when the wait time is short.

DD is 7 now and Im not sure she has a favorite per se, but she has many favorites. She loves POC, she loved Indy when she finally was big enough to ride it last summer, RSR is big for her now. The GZ she always wants to ride. Buzz, star tours. She changes her mind constantly on her favorites.

My favorites are Space Mountain at DL and Grizzly River Run at DCA. My husband's favorites are Splash Mountain at DL and Tower of Terror at DCA. My DD (5) likes Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. DS (3) said the train, meaning Casey Junior Circus Train, was his favorite.

It's *really* hard for me to choose just one favorite but I'd say in DL it's either Jungle Cruise (for cheesy, nostalgia factor), Splash Mountain, or Big Thunder. In DCA it's Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Screamin', and Grizzly River Run.

I love Casey Jr!! Especially in the last car facing backwards. It's just too adorable and the miniatures are fantastic - and why Storybook Canal Boats are also high on my list. Soarin' in CA ( hope the new film is as good ) and RSR. Of course HM and POTC as well. But Casey brings the biggest smile to my face for some reason.

You might be the first person I've ever seen say Splash is better at DLR than at MK!

That's funny that you say that because my DH thinks the DL version is much better then the WDW version because he loves that it is more of a flume ride (he loves how wet you get on the ride), whereas I am like the majority in that I am the total opposite. Don't get me wrong, I do like the one in DL but I just like the slow and easiness of the WDW version better :goodvibes.

As for the OPs question, we are heading back to DLR in a few weeks for our second trip (we are WDW vets) and from our last trip our favorite rides were Space Mountain (cannot wait to ride HyperSpace Mountain), Indy, POTC (think the DL version is far superior then the WDW version and I LOVE POTC as a whole), RSR, and Screamin. I would also have to say that I personally am a huge fan of dark rides so I would have to say that all of the dark rides in Fantasyland I thoroughly enjoyed and cannot wait to go on again.

I have many faves, but Big Thunder is probably my #1! My husband likes Space Mountain.

From our trip last year, my kids' favorites:

6 year old - Soarin' and Matterhorn
4.5 year old - Haunted Mansion
3 year old - Mickey's Fun Wheel (non swinging!)

Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder
Space Mountain
Hollywood Tower of Terror
Radiator Spring Racers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter