What's Your Favorite Ride?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to research some of the rides at Disneyland. We've been to Disney World and am familiar with some of them (i.e. the ones that are the same).

So I know this varies, but what is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
And those with kids 10 and younger, what are their favorites?
(I'm assuming that the posters on here are adults)

I'm starting to research some of the rides at Disneyland. We've been to Disney World and am familiar with some of them (i.e. the ones that are the same).

So I know this varies, but what is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
And those with kids 10 and younger, what are their favorites?
(I'm assuming that the posters on here are adults)

Heck of a question! My usual answer is the Haunted Mansion anywhere in the world, but at land specifically, Indy and Pirates are hard to beat

Great answer brianerickson. We visit WDW lots but have been to DL the last two years, LOVE IT, we will be there next week. Indy and Pirates are just AWESOME!

Pirates is fun, Toy Story fun too, RSR for car peeps.
Mr Toad, Roger Rabbit, Peter Pan all good too

The original Star Tours was my favorite. I haven't been on the new version yet, so I can't keep that on my top until I return. I would go with Indiana Jones now.
But, I also love Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and the list goes on.

The best ride, hands down, is Radiator Springs Racers. Unfortunately, the lines are always long and it frequently breaks down. I also like Indiana Jones, Soarin', and Grizzly River Run. We took my grandson, eight at the time, last summer and Grizzly River Run was his favorite. He was scared to death of Haunted Mansion; he actually started screaming in the elevator!

I know a lot of people are a bit sour towards the new Star Tours...but I think it might be my favorite. I base that off of the fact that when I rode it for the first time in the parks as an adult, I couldn't stop smiling the whole time! I got off the ride, and I remember talking about how my cheeks hurt because I smiled so big the entire ride lol

Now, if I am saying my favorite based on nostalgia...it would be pirates. That smell when you first enter can give me goosebumps! We are eating at the BB for the first time when we go for my birthday, and I couldn't be more excited!

I've thought about this question many times and I can't really come up with a single favorite ride.
My favorite routine is to hit Adventureland and start with JC and then move on to IAJ, and then perhaps move on to HM.
This sequence just flows great for me and is my favorite experience in the park.

Without a doubt, Splash Mt. It tells a fantastic story with great Disney-esque music. And then the DROP! And then one of the greatest Disney tunes of all time: Zipadee-Doo-Dah. Doesn't get any better than that.

My older kids favorite (8&10) is California Screamin', for the rush of course. And my smallest's (4) favorite she tells us is Space Mountain or Tower of Terror. I know - thrill junkie at an early age.

Great replies. Thanks. At Disney World, Haunted Mansion is my daughter and my favorite ride, and DS loves Star Tours and Splash Mountain. Will be heat to try them at Disneyland. there are some DLR unique ones mentioned...Mr Toad, Roger Rabbit, Radiator Springs Racers. Will need to check those out.

We are WDW pro's and just got back on Tuesday. I can officially say at Disneyland my favorite ride was HyperSpace Mountain. We were surprised we loved it so much. I got a fast pass every time I could. We rode it 3 times every day! lol I couldn't get enough.

Was disappointed in Indiana Jones, was surprised by that and I thought Splash Mountain was far better than the one at Magic Kingdom. We were soaked before we even went down the large hill.

My favorite ride is The Matterhorn, tbh. I love the theming, I love it's a ride that was created under Walt Disney's guidance, I love that it was the first tubular steel continuous track roller coaster ever, the list goes on. The yeti is really scary now since the last big refurb, too! A lot of people don't like it, stating that it's rough, but that's part of the charm for me.

Space Mountain, however, is the best ride in the park, imo. Indy is great, too. There are so many great rides at DLR, it's hard to choose favorites!

We are WDW pro's and just got back on Tuesday. I can officially say at Disneyland my favorite ride was HyperSpace Mountain. We were surprised we loved it so much. I got a fast pass every time I could. We rode it 3 times every day! lol I couldn't get enough.

Was disappointed in Indiana Jones, was surprised by that and I thought Splash Mountain was far better than the one at Magic Kingdom. We were soaked before we even went down the large hill.

You might be the first person I've ever seen say Splash is better at DLR than at MK!

My favorite ride is The Matterhorn, tbh. I love the theming, I love it's a ride that was created under Walt Disney's guidance, I love that it was the first tubular steel continuous track roller coaster ever, the list goes on. The yeti is really scary now since the last big refurb, too! A lot of people don't like it, stating that it's rough, but that's part of the charm for me.

Space Mountain, however, is the best ride in the park, imo. Indy is great, too. There are so many great rides at DLR, it's hard to choose favorites!

I just went on Matterhorn for the first time. That Yeti was really scary at the end, lol. I actually screamed. (But in a good way!)

My faves:
DL: Space Mountain
DCA: ToT

DD (10) faves:
DL: Space Mountain
DCA: California Screamin'

I'm pretty sure DH has the same favourites as DS.

I can't pick ONE favorite.

Big Thunder is one of my favorites because it was the first rollercoaster I went on (at WDW.)

In Fantasyland I really love Mr. Toad, Alice, and Casey Jr.

At California Adventure, I love Screamin' and RSR (though I've only been on it once so far.)

My son was only 1.5 years old on our trip so it's hard to say what he liked. But if I had to guess...Small World and Monsters Inc. were likely his favorites. Winnie the Pooh was closed, otherwise I suspect that would have been his favorite.

Pirates is my #1. Then probably RSR.

Based on our last trip a year ago:
My 8 year olds favorite was RSR
My 4 year olds favorite was Big Thunder Mountain
My 6 year olds favorite was Soarin'.
My 1 year olds favorite was Tow Mater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter