What's your favorite quick service at HS?

Melissakate73

Earning My Ears
We will be doing a late start day at HS on our upcoming trip in March. We have an 11:00 ADR for 50sPTC for lunch, so we just want a counter service place to grab a quick supper between rides before Fantasmic! From what I've read online, the QS places there aren't quite at the level of many in the other parks. Which one do you like the best?

Thanks in advance!

Not to hijack this thread, but I'd like to know if Fairfax Fare is the only quick service place at HS that offers egg sandwiches. Last time I went to HS, every quick service place only had "continental" breakfast foods. The Disney website doesn't even list breakfast options for Fairfax Fare.

My advice, eat some snacks and have a late dinner outside of the park. Perhaps you could put your lunch later?

Favorite QS at DHS is Starring Rolls, but they usually close around 3PM, so if I were in your situation, I'd have lunch at Starring Rolls, and move the 50sPTC reservation to dinner.

I have not tried many of the quick services places at HS, but we did like Starring Rolls.

My family will not eat QS at DHS...

To me starring rolls is a grab and go stop, not a full service QS restaurant. We used to get the cheese plate for a snack, I am not even sure they offer that anymore..., they only serve through lunch.

You could go out of the park using the boat over to one of the resorts for QS or Beaches and Cream (TS) for burgers and ice cream, or grab pizza at the window on the Board walk, or if you have PH go through the back gate at Epcot and England and France are right there, and the food is really good and both of those QS spots.

Reverse your ADR's and do a QS at your resort, then dinner at 50's PT

Maybe Sci-Fi would work out, basically burgers and fries with great milk shakes.

As PP said, Starring Rolls closes after lunch, as DD and I discovered in August. We ended up in the Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks) and were very pleased with their $10 sandwich and chip combos--very large, tasty sandwiches. We liked it so much, we had the turkey on cranberry bread again at MK Starbucks in November. I considered them to be a pretty good value as well. We'd get water to have with our sandwiches and then a yummy concoction to take with us to Fantasmic :)

I know it gets panned, but we had a really good lunch at ABC Commissary. Both DH and I ordered a fried seafood platter and it was all fantastic - and we're picky about fish. I don't think it's on the menu anymore, and the menu has definitely changed since we were last there, though.

I totally agree with the others. QS is not just not at the same level as the other parks, its just plain bad. As others have said Starring Rolls is the best option but they close early (why I have no earthly idea). We've also eaten at Backlot and ABC Commissary and I'd never return to either. Of course everyone has different experiences but at ABC I had a chicken sandwich that was so overcooked and dried out I literally couldn't eat through it. I've read some decentish things about the new PizzaRizzo so that may be your best bet if you're set on QS. Or as amperbi suggests just snack a lot and grab something outside of the park afterwards. Beaches and Cream is a close and fun option.

Thanks, everyone! Your comments were pretty much what I suspected about HS QS. I already tried to move our ADR for 50sPTC, but there was only a 4pm slot available for a party our size. We do not want to eat supper THAT early. lol I'll keep checking, though, to see if a later spot opens up. I also LOVE the idea of Beaches and Cream, but we couldn't get an ADR there at all for that entire day. :worried:

An ADR may open up the day before, at 50sPTC or B&C. If not, you can sit at the 50sPTC bar and order from the full menu, if seats at the bar are open when you arrive. But I realize that may not be the experience you want.

Backlot Express isn't bad, we ate there in December. There aren't a lot of choices there but there's loads of room and it's not too crowded.

We generally eat at Backlot Express when we are in HS. DH and I are burger people and they have a decent burger there. I also like that you can get free drink refills.

Hollywood Studios has AMAZING desserts. Have you considered maybe just getting a dessert in the park before Fantasmic and having a late QS dinner elsewhere? My DH adores the Carrot Cake Cookie (it's honestly a huge whoopie pie - big enough for two to share, easily) at Sweet Spells. They also have tons of other fun treats, like enormous whoopie pies (that are actually called that, haha). I love the Butterfinger Cupcake at Starring Rolls (you can also get it at Starbucks once Starring Rolls closes - it's called something like the Chocolate Toffee Cupcake). Starbucks AND Starring Rolls have tons of other delicious cupcakes, too.

I concur with everyone else that HS QS sucks! ABC Commissary was horrible last time we were there. It was dirty (nastiest bathroom DH has ever seen), and it took forever to get our disgusting food. We also dislike the TS options at HS, so we always make a point to eat outside of the park.

We also enjoyed Backlot Express. We read bad reviews of all the QS, and had no plans of eating lunch there. However, we came out of Indian Jones at lunch time, and were hungry, so figured why go elsewhere (even though we were making our way to Epcot). I had a burger with some kind of BBQ on it (think it was pulled pork, can't remember) and thought it was really good. Also liked the fact that you could refill your drink for free. Don't remember what the other 4 people had, but no one complained. It wasn't gourmet, but thought the burger was better than others I've had at QS restaurants.

Thanks, everyone! Your comments were pretty much what I suspected about HS QS. I already tried to move our ADR for 50sPTC, but there was only a 4pm slot available for a party our size. We do not want to eat supper THAT early. lol I'll keep checking, though, to see if a later spot opens up. I also LOVE the idea of Beaches and Cream, but we couldn't get an ADR there at all for that entire day. :worried:

So? Take the 4 o'clock ADR and then snack later in the evening. :-)

If there's one place on earth to be as flexible as possible about dinner reservation times, it's Walt Disney World.

So? Take the 4 o'clock ADR and then snack later in the evening. :-)

If there's one place on earth to be as flexible as possible about dinner reservation times, it's Walt Disney World.

I agree with @mikedoyleblogger. For now, i'd booked the 4pm and snack later on if you get hungry. Just a heads up, 50's is notorious for running behind....every time i've gone there i've waited at least about 1/2 hour to be seated. So realistically speaking, you probably wont see your food until 5pm anyway. The food here is very tasty...I highly recommend it. Definitely keep checking for later ADRs even while at disney, and esp the night before you want to go. People always cancel the day before to avoid the $10 pp late fee.

Lastly, I thought B&C food was a bit overrated. I didnt think their burgers/fries were anything special, ditto for the ice cream. It was good, but not "wow". I'd much rather stay in the park and eat at 50's. But thats just me.

We are big 50'sPT fans and go there every trip but when we want something quick at DHS, we enjoy Backlot Express.

We ate at ABC our last trip and didn't have high hopes - but the salad was REALLY good! And no complaints out of my burger eaters either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter