• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's a Disney food you don't love...

Zebra domes, school bread and lecellier cheese soup are the things that everyone seems to love and I just don't care for.

School bread definitely... Dole whip wasn't bad just disappointing because it was basically the same thing you can get at several ice cream and frozen yogurt places around where we live.

I feel like I've found my people! Don't care for tonga toast, school bread, cheese soup.. I'm sure there are others. While I do love eating at Disney, I'm actually wary of anything that comes highly recommended on here. Maybe I have weird taste buds.

Dole Whips and school bread. I'm not a fan of sweets though, so it's more of a personal preference.

Dole whips and the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier are the most over rated items in disney.

Also, anything at Ohana (dinner). I dont get the hype. :confused3

Rice crispy treats. They used to be good years ago but the last time I had one it was gross. It tasted different and I can't put my finger on what it was.

Zebra Domes and School Bread, Rice Crispy treats.

I try the Zebra Domes every trip hoping I can like them - nope - really yucky to me. School bread is dry and flavorless - except for the very top. :confused3 Rice Crispy treats have always had some type 'off' flavor to me - love the homemade ones very much.

I *love* the rice krispie treats
I am considering trying tongs toast when we stay at the Poly next year. What is wrong with it?
I don't understand cheese soup (is that not a bowl of cheese sauce?)
and, I don't like creme brûlée, but I don't like that anywhere.

Dole Whip. What's the big deal??? It's soft serve ice cream but non-dairy. That's it.

I never understood the fascination and people waiting in lines to get it. Really???

1. Disney full service very inconsistent, but theming is so cool.
  2. Turkey Legs, quick service hamburgers, and any Quick service restaurant @ Disney I'd rather take the time go outside and get fast food. We do like the Pecos Bills though.
  3. I agree that Tonga Toast and Dole whips are overrated.
  4. BoG neat looking Food so so French Onion soup great. Harbor House and Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe nasty. Although Liberty Tree for lunch was pretty good.
  5. I think Epcot is overrated too. La Hacienda de San Angel was good
  6. But Flying Fish, V & A's and yachtsman steakhouse are wonderful.
  7. Boma Breakfast is good

Dole Whips, the generic Mickey cupcakes with Mickey head sprinkles, QS French fries, PB &J milkshake at 50s Primetime

This isn't a popular food, but the worst thing I've ever tasted at Disney was broccolini or sautéed broccoli rabe at Liberty Tree Tavern. Hopefully they removed that from their seasonal vegetables list. That item is one of a few reasons why I haven't gone back to that restaraunt.

The foods I feel are most overrated are Dole Whips, Tonga toast, and School Bread. There are worse things but I don't understand the greatness of these iconic items. Pineapple ice cream, overly sweet French toast and a donut with coconut.
you are my sibling in food dislike! same for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter