• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What types of clothes to pack PCC 2.0?

matu8063

Earning My Ears
I am starting my packing list for PCC 2.0. I have been to Disney multiple times in the winter but just am not sure what to pack for the cruise. I know what to wear to dinner, but not durning the daytime and nighttime. The only cruise (RCCL) I have ever been on was in the summer and was hot as Hell (literally the village in Grand Cayman was 110 the day we were there). Long sleve, short sleve, shorts, or pants. Is it warm enough to snorkle at Castwawy Cay?

Some other questions I have... we will be at disney for Friday and Saturday before the cruise, would you pack separate bags for pre cruise and cruise or everything together.

I plan on being packed during my Thanksgiving Break because the remaining days will be spent writting substute teacher plans for the cruise. Yup this teacher is going on PCC 2.0. My students will be in great hands.

Thanks for all the advice.

Missy

I can't speak for overall packing questions but we have just been having a discussion in the Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread 6 about how chilly it can be on deck/in the restaurants and such. The suggestions there are to bring a fleece for on deck and some kind of sweater for the restaurants.

As for separate bags, I am going to be leaving home Friday night, driving some, then driving the rest on Saturday and staying in Cape Canaveral. I plan on if not separating those things as well as the things I need post cruise into separate bags, at least trying to pack in layers. For example, I will try and pack all the stuff I am using on the cruise in my biggest luggage and then the stuff for the trip down in a smaller bag. Hopefully I will also be able to separate out some of the stuff for our post cruise plans and that way I can leave some stuff in the trunk. If you are flying and don't have extra bags, just try and layer things so what you need for pre-cruise is on top and you don't have to unpack everything.

Just my suggestions :)

I would monitor long range forecasts for temps and adjust accordingly. I will be in Florida Pre & Post stays & the cruise for 18 days total, so I will have something packed for all weather possibilities.

Nassau's current long range (next 10 days) is showing 80º highs and 69º lows. You can figure the temp out on the ocean will be cooler than that.

WDW is 80º high and 55º low.

Last year in Epcot it was cold at night with the wind blowing across the lake.

Thus, I am packing a combination of tanks/t-shirts/shorts for daytime. Jeans/long-sleeve t-shirts for nighttime. I will also have a fleece jacket, gloves & earmuffs and at least 1 sweat shirt with me also, in addition to the evening dressy clothes.

I'm packing a mixture, and planning for any kind of weather temps, just to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter