• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to wear to a disney wedding?

kimis

DIS Veteran
:flower3: We will soon be attending a Disney wedding. :groom: :bride: We are soooo excited!:woohoo: How often does one get a chance to do that?:cheer2: However, my problem :confused: what do we wear to a Disney wedding? Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks in advance!:cloud9:

Regular clothes on your body, and MOUSE EARS!!!

I'd also wear my pin lanyard---you never know! :goodvibes

We got married at the Disneyland hotel seven years ago and then a family member also did two years later. Ours was in the afternoon and it was like Sunday brunch attire. Men did not have to wear suits but dress nicely like you would be going to a nice dinner.
When we went to my cousins it was at night and I wore a short dress but did not dress it up too much with other things. They are still weddings and trust me it will be a lot of fun. We were so happy we got to experience it from both sides.
If your wedding is in the park, which not many are, I would assume you would still dress nicely because there will probably be a reception to follow. Have a great time.

Well, I would think a nice light skirt, a cardigan and a pair of very comfortable sandles would be appropriate, and for a guy, I would say a nice pair of dress pants and a causal yet dressy button up shirt that he can untuck later if he decides, so he can play it up or down.

But dont forget the mickey ears lol!

We weren't actual guests, but in December there was a wedding in the Gazebo area at the DLH and we watched their ceremony from our balcony. We noticed that the guests weren't overly "dressed up". Women were in simple dresses/pantsuits and most men wore slacks and a dress shirt (some with ties, some without).

Have a wonderful time!

Yeah that the thing, as nice and dolled up as you want to be to be respectful at a wedding, you gotta keep in mind that it is Cinderella and Prince Charmings Day in a Disney Resort. So I would think keeping yourself nice looking but not enough to take away from their day (not that you would try to). I would think they would want you to be more casual dressy, but still comfortable. Dancing in heels all night at any occasion is aweful.

You could try going under google images and type in disney wedding or something and see what others wear.

Personally, I would have gone out and found a Disney sidekick costume if I was the best man. ;)

Oh ho! Pirate just got an idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter