What to pack?

crumpet

Always ready for another Disney holiday :-)
We are used to visiting Florida but this is our first time visiting the West coast (Oct/Nov this year) and I haven't a clue what I need to pack. I have been told that San Francisco is cool but we are only spending a couple of days here and also visiting LA, San Diego and Vegas. The majority of the time will be spent in LA. Can anybody give me an idea of what sort of weather, temperatures we should expect and what I need to pack. Hopefully not too many coats and jumpers needed...I would rather fill my cases with souveniers:)

It's hard to predict what Nov/Oct will be like because it is a transition time for the weather. Usually by the beginning of november it is starting to be cooler (maybe 60s?) but I know last year it seemed like our summer was never ending. I don't think it cooled down until the end of November. October can definately still be pretty warm but you never know it could be cooler than normal. It's really hard to say. I don't think you would need a coat down here but you might want one for SF. I used to live up in that area and it can get chilly being by the coast. You will definitely want a coat in SF if you plan on walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. Even in spring and summer it can be really cold on that bridge. As your dates get closer you will be able to judge better what you might need.

Also, it will depend on what kind of climate you are used to. If it's cold where you live then it might not seem too cold to you even if locals are bundled up. :laughing:

Have a great trip!

It's hard to predict what Nov/Oct will be like because it is a transition time for the weather. Usually by the beginning of november it is starting to be cooler (maybe 60s?) but I know last year it seemed like our summer was never ending. I don't think it cooled down until the end of November. October can definately still be pretty warm but you never know it could be cooler than normal. It's really hard to say. I don't think you would need a coat down here but you might want one for SF. I used to live up in that area and it can get chilly being by the coast. You will definitely want a coat in SF if you plan on walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. Even in spring and summer it can be really cold on that bridge. As your dates get closer you will be able to judge better what you might need.

Also, it will depend on what kind of climate you are used to. If it's cold where you live then it might not seem too cold to you even if locals are bundled up. :laughing:

Have a great trip!

Thank you both of you:)
I am from the North of the UK which is pretty miserable and cool for around 350 days of the year so I hope LA is for a long summer this year:)
I always remember on our first visit to Florida we landed on 28th December to hear Floridians moaning about how chilly it was....the first thing we did was put the roof down on our convertable and strip down to our T-shirts...LOL!

Thank you both of you:)
I am from the North of the UK which is pretty miserable and cool for around 350 days of the year so I hope LA is for a long summer this year:)
I always remember on our first visit to Florida we landed on 28th December to hear Floridians moaning about how chilly it was....the first thing we did was put the roof down on our convertable and strip down to our T-shirts...LOL!

Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine then. I say plan on bringing a sweatshirt for the evenings and maybe a long sleeve shirt just in case and you should be fine. Then just check before you go to make sure there isn't an unexpected cold front coming or something. I'm willing to bet that it will still be warm at that time but I did hear that we might be having another El Nino this year which could mean a lot of rain (well, a lot of rain for California :)) so maybe invest in some cheap ponchos to bring with you.

its still pretty hot during the day in LA and SD. dont forget sunscreen (just in case) the sun's pretty harsh out here. a hoodie/jacket with like a thermal shirt underneath would be fine for the evening. it doesnt get that cold...unless you plan on staying out until 4am.

SF's gonna be a lot colder. a thicker wool coat should do the trick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter