What to do?

Steph4MM

Earning My Ears
I am working on the final plans for our California trip and we have 2 free days in LA. We will be staying near DL. What are some things we should do besides DL? My kids are 8&6?
Thanks

We have taken our kids to the Pirates Dinner theater in Buena Park or Universal Studios. Also Knotts Berry Farm is another idea. There's alot to do there..

Thanks! Those are good ideas. Any low key or sights we should see that are easy to get to?

Steph4MM said:
Thanks! Those are good ideas. Any low key or sights we should see that are easy to get to?

Im not sure what you mean by low key. If your looking for inexpensive you could go to Hollywood & see the Hollywood Walk of Fame (where all the stars are on the ground) or view thw hollywood sign or tour the stars homes. There are also stuff to do in San Diego & Carlsbad. They both arent too far away. Legoland & Sea World are there also the Zoo or Wild Animal Park. In Carlsbad we have been to the flower fields. A very pretty sight to see. Or mabe set a day aside to go.to the beach. Or you can go to Pacific Park in Santa Monica its like Santa Cruz Beach Board Walk. Rides games etc on the warf.

NOt sure how easy it would be to get to Santa Monica Pier from Anaheim but we rented bikes and rode along the water during our last trip to CA and it was one of the best days we spent. We started at SM Pier and rode down to Venice Beach. Then, walked up to 3rd Ave (I think that was the name) in Santa Monica for a late lunch and went back to the pier to hang out and then swim at the beach. Great day! The kids also liked seeing the stars' homes on the tour.

I typically recommend the California Science Center in Los Angeles. Admission is free but it's $10 to park in their lot. It's perhaps not a great museum, but they do a lot of things reasonably well and in one location. They have a small aquarium, several aircraft/spacecraft on display, and assorted stuff you'd expect in a science museum. Aquarium of the Pacific is probably a better aquarium. There are better aviation museum and better natural history museums. This place however puts all of that in one place.

The star attraction is the Space Shuttle Endeavour. That requires a timed ticket for a nominal fee. It was $2 when we visited last year. The timed ticket is included if you buy an IMAX movie ticket. You may need reservations on a weekend. We went on our return from DL on a Monday and getting tickets at the window wasn't an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter