What to do in San Diego with a 12 month old?

DCLnewbie

Earning My Ears

Hello-

We will be spending a week in SanDiego in September with our 1 year old daughter. Any suggestions on what to see or do or things to avoid with a child at this age? Thanks so much for your help!

When we lived in So CA our kids enjoyed the San Diego Zoo. It was nice because we didn't wait for rides or shows.

When I was little, I was completely captivated by Sea World. It's a little expensive (although your baby will be free), so I'd only go if the adults in the party would like it too, but I really did enjoy it at that age. The pictures are hilarious because I am always completely wide-eyed, taking everything in!

Tidepooling at La Jolla Cove would be fun with a one-year-old. Just the beach in general, too!

I live in San Diego and I have a DD that just turned 2. I love San Diego because there is so much to do for all ages. Of course there are the popular sites, the zoo, Sea World and the beach. All which my DD LOVES! Outside the entereance of the Zoo there is a carousel and the Balboa Park Mini Train. In balboa Park there is the Rueben H Fleet Science Center and in there is an area called Kid City. My DD loves that. Balboa Park is always a nice place to walk around for the adults too. You can definately take some great pictures there. We also like Birch Aquarium.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to San Diego!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter