What software do you use to make DVDs?

gerberdaisy1234

DIS Veteran
This is probably not the right area to start this thread but...

What software do you use to create DVDs from all your favorite Disney (and other) photos and video clips?

I have been using Roxio Creator but it is very slow. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I need to get caught up on making DVDs before our next trip.:)

Wow, what a great video! You have a beautiful family. You could feel the happiness. Definitely a magical trip. I wish I had a mac but ... I have PCs. Do you know of anything comparable?

Thanks for your response and sharing your video. We all loved it!

Thanks. We did have a great time. I'm looking forward to putting one together for our January trip to WDW. Although I drive my kids crazy with the Photopass shots (we buy the disc at the end of our trip), they always appreciate having the video to remember the trip.

I haven't used PC's for video editing in a number of years, but when I did, I used Roxio. I agree...it's slow and a little cumbersome (and for me it tended to crash a lot).

I just noticed your join date. :yay:Welcome! :yay:If you weren't already an addicted lurker- beware! :surfweb: You can lose hours here. :confused3

It looks like we will be at DW around the same time. :banana:

Thanks. I've been at Mouseplanet for a little over a year, but I'm new here. It's easy to get addicted.

We're big fans of DLR. Our one trip to WDW wasn't that great. For starters, we hated the hotel (the Grosvenor...I think now it's called the Regal Sun or something like that). We also didn't plan as well as we could have. We're hoping that this trip is better. Between staying onsite, having the DDP, and strategically planning our ADRs, I think it should be a significant improvement.

My wife is laughing at me because I've changed our accommodations twice since the new B4G7 deal came out. Absent some huge offer to stay at the CR or Poly, I don't see us changing. We're holding enough in reserve to upgrade to APs if we like it, and if we don't, we'll just apply that amount to a future DLR trip.

I know this is off topic from where I started :thumbsup2but one of my favorite topics...:woohoo:Disney planning

Compared to many here we have only just begun:yay:... However, I love planning.

We have done Disney twice. Both times with a 3 night Disney cruise in the middle with 2-4 nights before and after.

We have loved both trips and applying what we've learned to this trip. This is just the stuff we are changing- keeping the stuff we love. That list could be a book.

1. September is HOT!!!!!!!!!! (Going in January)
2. We don't like waiting at bus stops for up to 45 minutes or standing on bus after a long day (renting a car)
3. On long vacations it would be nice to have a little more space/privacy for mom and dad (Renting a townhouse at Windsor Hills. This resort is almost as close as Disney Resorts. Has a huge waterslide at pool. Rave reviews here and elsewhere. 3 bedroom 3bathroom townhouse for under $100 a night. Has splash pool on patio. Many other pluses)
4. We do not eat enough food to every PAY for the Dining plan (Eat breakfast before leaving, snack midday, late lunch for ADR- cheaper than dinner, less crowded, more time with characters, snack later or a small counter service type meal)
5. We ALL LOVE LOVE LOVE EPCOT!!!! (We will spend at least 3 days there our next trip) In addition to our favorites this year (we homeschool) we are doing a unit study on all the countires in Epcot.

We always have a plan of action but are flexible. :thumbsup2We stop when we are tired- we have had a wonderful day. Don't try to do it all.

I have never been to Disneyland but hope to go one day. But our airline tickets were something like $56 each way to Orlando. We will be staying in a 3 bedroom townhouse for 10 nights at @$100 a night. I don't think we could do that in California. :confused3

I hope this trip to Disney is your most MAGICAL of all! You are staying at a beautiful resort with a beautiful family in a magical kingdom...who could ask for anything more.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter