What rides to ride at opening for Typhoon Lagoon?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We have never been to TL. What rides should we go to first to avoid long waits in line?

The new family raft ride would probably be the one to hit after Crush 'N Gusher. New things tend to create lines. I think it's called Misadventure Falls or something similar.

My family was at TL on July 28th. We got there before park open and had time to talk to a cast memeber while waiting. His advice was go to Miss Adventure Falls first, then Crush n Gusher. We walked right on Miss Adventure and then had a short wait at Crush n Gusher. Maybe 5-10 mins. Miss Adventure Falls seemed to have between a 45 min to hour wait all day except for when the ride shut down and reopened for a storm in the area.

We always do Mayday and Keelhaul Falls first because while we like them, we are completely unwilling to wait in a line for them. However, because of the new ride, we'll probably go to Misadventure Falls and Crush N Gusher first, then over to Mayday and Keelhaul.

I wouldn't do Miss Adventure Falls or Crush N Gusher first. We love TL, go there a lot. First, I should say that no matter what you choose, you'll have some time. The first hour the park is open, it's pretty easy to get on anything you want.

First thing I'd recommend is Humunga Kowabunga. Even though it has 3 slides, it's ride capacity is lower, and the line builds up a bit quicker. I'd hop on that first, then head to Crush, and last would be Miss Adventure. The line for Miss Adventure will get longer during the day, but it has a decent capacity...up to 4 per tube and it has a lot of tubes.

I wouldn't do Miss Adventure Falls or Crush N Gusher first. We love TL, go there a lot. First, I should say that no matter what you choose, you'll have some time. The first hour the park is open, it's pretty easy to get on anything you want.

First thing I'd recommend is Humunga Kowabunga. Even though it has 3 slides, it's ride capacity is lower, and the line builds up a bit quicker. I'd hop on that first, then head to Crush, and last would be Miss Adventure. The line for Miss Adventure will get longer during the day, but it has a decent capacity...up to 4 per tube and it has a lot of tubes.
Ok thank you for the heads up on the ride capacity for HK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter