• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What night post cruise should we do MVMCP?

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
Hi all!! :goodvibes

We are finally getting our dates in order and decided to stay one night pre cruise at the Swan :woohoo: and 2 nights post but not sure at POP or Swan? Ohhhh what to do??? We will be running the parks like crazy since we only have 3 days to do them, so it really doesnt matter because we wont be at the hotel but to sleep, but the Swan rate is as good as POP... hmmm (we will have a rental either way) We would get dining if we do POP, but can't at Swan, that is so important to us unless the dining is a big saver for us. Not sure for just 2 nights if the dining is so great?

Question 2 lol what night do you think is better to do the MVMCP, Thur the day the cruise docks or Friday? We will be hitting the parks Thur till Sat night when we leave, I just cant figure what night is better for the party. Any input??? I know no matter what day we go, we wont need a park ticket because the party ticket will be enough for that day.

Sooo...
Swan or Pop
Thur or Fri MVMCP???

YAY at least I am finally getting this trip together lol. Been dragging my feet with it :confused3

any input would be great!! TIA and cant wait to meet everyone!!

The Swan charges a per day parking fee, so be sure you add that into your calculations. If the rates are comparable you have to decide which is a better value for you; super comfy beds or the dining plan.

As for #2, there are quite a few of us going to MVMCP on Thursday after disembarkation.

The Swan charges a per day parking fee, so be sure you add that into your calculations. If the rates are comparable you have to decide which is a better value for you; super comfy beds or the dining plan.

As for #2, there are quite a few of us going to MVMCP on Thursday after disembarkation.

LOL hey aren't you my DIS husband :rotfl: Did you forget me? Did you? :lmao:

Thanks for the info! You rock! I did forget about the parking fee :( hmmm

I think Thur is the best choice, because we can hit two parks on Friday, but probably only one on Thur, so it makes sense. But I did want to see if there was a big crowd of podcasters on a certain day, or anything else I might need to consider. yay thanks!!

I don't think you can get free dining at the POP unless you stay 4 nights.

I looked at the Disney Web site and it showed a rate og $212 for 12/16-12/18. I am doing the Swan those 2 nights for $222.75. I know there is a $10 per night resort fee but for the highspeed internet and 2 bottles of water per day it is worth it for me. The location is fantastic as are the beds and the resort (have you checkout the pool there?!). If you have a car you would have to pay for parking, I believe self pakk is about $12 a day. Over all I think the Swan is a better value for the price difference of about $27.50 a day.

I am not a big fan of the dining plan unless it is free. I am not a big dessert eater. Often days I don't spend $40 on food before tips. The dining plan or not would depend on how you eat!

I would go to MVMCP on Thursday. There are Many of us going that night. Friday I would join the group for DATW...even if you don't drink it is fun!

That is my 2 cents.

I think Thur is the best choice, because we can hit two parks on Friday, but probably only one on Thur, so it makes sense. But I did want to see if there was a big crowd of podcasters on a certain day, or anything else I might need to consider. yay thanks!!

By the time we get back from the port, get situated in the room grab some lunch it will probably be around 2pm. Drive over and check out the decor at the resorts and head over to the MK for the party and then split Friday between a couple parks (maybe open Hollywood Studios and close Epcot {they have EMH, we hope} That makes the most sense for me.

I don't think you can get free dining at the POP unless you stay 4 nights.

I looked at the Disney Web site and it showed a rate og $212 for 12/16-12/18. I am doing the Swan those 2 nights for $222.75. I know there is a $10 per night resort fee but for the highspeed internet and 2 bottles of water per day it is worth it for me. The location is fantastic as are the beds and the resort (have you checkout the pool there?!). If you have a car you would have to pay for parking, I believe self pakk is about $12 a day. Over all I think the Swan is a better value for the price difference of about $27.50 a day.

I am not a big fan of the dining plan unless it is free. I am not a big dessert eater. Often days I don't spend $40 on food before tips. The dining plan or not would depend on how you eat!

I would go to MVMCP on Thursday. There are Many of us going that night. Friday I would join the group for DATW...even if you don't drink it is fun!

That is my 2 cents.

If you can't get a free dining deal, I think the Swan (even though it is ~$30) more per night is a better value. The location is superb as well as the comfort level of the beds and less hectic atmosphere than Pop.

If you can get free dining, then it may lean towards Pop for me. But would be very close.

Thanks you guys!! I think Thur is def the best for the party! And the DATW Fri sounds great if we can fit it in.

Great advice from you guys! I feel the same about it, Swan is a great deal and the dining not so important for just 3 days. I did know you need 4 to get the free deal.

Wow, finally some real plans :) YAY!!!!!!!!

Here are just my 2cents. This is what we are doing.
Pop 16-19 with free quick service dining that we upgraded to the regular dinning.
Thursday MVMCP with other Disers. Have ADRs for Kona for lunch.
Friday Epcot the entire day(no hoppers for us) for drinks around the world.
Saturday Animal Kingdom and ADRs for Tusker House and seating for Nemo.
The only thing i'm upset about is not going to DHS and having lunch at Starring Roll...:love:

Pop 16-19 with free quick service dining that we upgraded to the regular dinning.
Friday Epcot the entire day(no hoppers for us) for dap.
The only thing i'm upset about is not going to DHS and having lunch at Starring Roll...:love:

Using the time machine in Journey into Imagination?:lmao::lmao:

..I didn't know there was a time machine...i don't think i'd use it as much as the fountain of youth.....:rotfl2:

Friday Epcot the entire day(no hoppers for us) for drinks around the world.

Thanks KK!!

We decided on MVMCP thur with you all :cool1::woohoo::yay: so glad I asked because I didn't know there was so many others going.

We are doing Swan (pre) Sat 12-11 and (post) 16-18. No dining. It should work fine for us.

Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter