• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What makes people think so???

sigillaria

Mouseketeer
I keep seeing the words negotiating, not final, pending, temporary, 1st draft, oversight, associated with the 2007 Dining Plan--what makes people think this? Where are they getting this info?
All I see is a new brochure listing the restaurants participating, and the rules of the plan.
If it wasn't final what would be the point of Disney publishing this?

Not sure, but perhaps Disney has a history of changing their procedures "mid-stream"?

sigillaria said:
I keep seeing the words negotiating, not final, pending, temporary, 1st draft, oversight, associated with the 2007 Dining Plan--what makes people think this? Where are they getting this info?
All I see is a new brochure listing the restaurants participating, and the rules of the plan.
If it wasn't final what would be the point of Disney publishing this?

I believe it was published early so that those of us traveling early in the year, would be able to book our packages and start making ADRs.

disneyjunkie said:
I believe it was published early so that those of us traveling early in the year, would be able to book our packages and start making ADRs.

Exactly. Without having to read the entire thread linked to above, this is the answer. They had to put out a brochure because people are starting to book for 2007 and need to have some info. So if a restaraunt has until December then they may not have made a decision yet.

But, I think Disney would be smart to get these decisions prior to starting to book the DDP for a given year. It would make sense to just say, Restaraunts need to contract it by August. That would help with getting accurate info. But I'm sure people can just opt not to get it and add it later if more restaraunts are added.

The "hard facts" are:
1) When the plan was first introduced the non-Disney restaurants were omitted. They were added later.
2) CMs are telling callers the brochure list is pending. They are telling callers some restaurants have already been added. Speculation is Disney is waiting for a final list.
3) Virtually all the non-Disney restaurants are missing. Common sense would suggest at least some will be added.
4) CSR doesn't have any participating restaurants, common sense would indicate that Disney would like at least a CS restaurant.
5) DTD has one TS restaurant listed, also not likely this will stay.

I certainly wouldn't make plans based on missing restaurants showing up, we don't know have enough details. It's not official until announced by Disney but it's more than just speculation.

Some changes occurring is really more than just speculation. What restaurant's will be added, and under what terms, is certainly nothing but speculation.

sigillaria said:
All this is more speculation-there are no hard facts-no official statement from Disney.
If it "ain't" in writing it didn't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter