What is your favorite Uber eats or any takeout, while at Disney?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
I'm just back from BCV. And WOW. We couldn't eat dinner below $100.00. Is it just me or are these prices out of this world?? And you cannot get a decent hamburger anywhere, gross. For Beaches and Cream to charge $17.00 for a cheeseburger is highway robbery. Going back in March, and we are determined to do things very differently, and we'll be in charge, not Disney. When visiting other hotels, we noticed a ton of food deliveries at dinner time and realized a big "aha" moment! Of course, have it delivered and not empty out our wallets. So this is new territory for us and need some feedback, where are your favorite spots? We love Mexican, Pizza, oh just about everything. Thanks!

I'm just back from BCV. And WOW. We couldn't eat dinner below $100.00. Is it just me or are these prices out of this world?? And you cannot get a decent hamburger anywhere, gross. For Beaches and Cream to charge $17.00 for a cheeseburger is highway robbery. Going back in March, and we are determined to do things very differently, and we'll be in charge, not Disney. When visiting other hotels, we noticed a ton of food deliveries at dinner time and realized a big "aha" moment! Of course, have it delivered and not empty out our wallets. So this is new territory for us and need some feedback, where are your favorite spots? We love Mexican, Pizza, oh just about everything. Thanks!
Flippers Pizza has been around for years and is amazing. It was a hole-in-the-wall, with just a few stores in Orlando, when I lived there in the 90s, and now I think they have several across central Florida.

Yeah we get Flippers and Earl of Sandwich delivered each trip.

I didn't know Earl of Sandwich delivered (haven't been to WDW in a very long time). So, you can order online, and they will deliver to the lobby of the resort?

I didn't know Earl of Sandwich delivered (haven't been to WDW in a very long time). So, you can order online, and they will deliver to the lobby of the resort?

Order on Uber Eats and yes you meet them in the Lobby or out front.

Thanks OP (Jillpie) for asking this. Never crossed my mind to go this route.

And thank you to the other's who took the time to share their info! I have added Earl of Sandwhich / Flippers to my contacts for our upcoming trip.

Love the idea of this thread...I mean obviously we can just go on DoorDash when we're there and see what's available but any recs would be great.

Thanks everyone!! Who knew Earl of Sandwich delivers, this is fantastic news. And yes, we've gotten Flippers before, it is awesome pizza. More recommendations please! oh and thanks for Tijuana flats, fantastic.

I think it’s only a matter of time until Disney starts to charge for a food delivery to the hotel lobby. Or they will ban it completely.

Our last trip we got giordanos and maggianos delivered several times. I know they are chains but there are none near us anymore. Even with the ubereats fees they were well cheaper than food at Disney world.

It was mainly because the food choices were pretty bad in January. Character dining isn’t worth it right now. Some signature restaurants are still great as well as Disney springs restaurants. And once we ordered takeout once we just decided to do it several more times rather than go to a disney restaurant.

this coming trip we have a few more table service restaurants scheduled but still not nearly as many as our first trip when we did 8 or 9 character dinings.

Just a quick reminder to be very cautious of take out flyers you may find on your hotel room door. Disney is pretty good at stopping them, but I've heard of this happening at off-property hotels throughout all of the Orlando tourist area. Basically people will come around and stick fake pizza or Chinese take out menus on doors. People call in and place their "order" and give out their credit card info. Unfortunately some of these are not real places, and it's just some scammer on the other end of the line taking your card info. If you find one of these flyers try finding a website or Yelp page to check if it's legit and has real reviews. When in doubt, just throw those flyers out and go through Yelp or one of those delivery apps.

But to end on a positive thought, if you have a car and are looking for something lighter or quicker I love subs from both Publix and Wawa. For non locals, Publix is the big grocery store chain and their subs are pretty legendary. I think I read somewhere that Floridians voted it their favorite sub chain over places like Subway even though it's not technically a sub chain. While there you can pick up family sized sides like potato salad, coleslaw, and chips, and since it's a full grocery store you can stock up on other snacks while there. Wawa is more popular in the Pennsylvania area (I think?) and it's technically a gas station, but they also make custom subs. What I love about them is that you order through a screen so you can ask for stuff extra tomatoes or less vinegar without shouting over the counter. From my experience they are also super clean inside and they are well stocked with lots of snacks.

Thanks, never heard of them? What type of food, what do you like there?
Baos are a type of Asian bun. Traditionally they are filled with pork belly and condiments. But they can basically be filled with anything: fried chicken, shrimp, etc. They are delicious. There's a bao place in City Walk but do not go. Not very good. King Bao is fantastic.

Baos are a type of Asian bun. Traditionally they are filled with pork belly and condiments. But they can basically be filled with anything: fried chicken, shrimp, etc. They are delicious. There's a bao place in City Walk but do not go. Not very good. King Bao is fantastic.

I heard the negative reviews about Bend the Bao at Citywalk, but I tried it and it was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter