What is the most fame someone you know personally has had?

The guy who led worship at youth group at my church is now a well known producer in Christian music in Nashville. He co-wrote a song with my favorite Christian artist that was covered by Chris Tomlin (Is He Worthy?), and he is also know for his string arrangements, and his ability to play (basically) any instrument that has a keyboard or strings, and probably a few that have neither. He's even won a Dove Award (Christian version of the Grammys) for an album he produced, and has played and produced for artists who have been nominated for Christian categories of the Grammys. His musical knowledge and ability is just mind boggling.

World-wide fame. John Bongiovi AKA Jon Bon Jovi. He was a neighbor and we went to school together and were in the marching band together.

There's another DISer named Karen who can claim the same, since she went to the same school. I forget her DIS name, though. :scratchin
Me, Terry :wave:

My uncle (now deceased) was a major league baseball player. His most famous act was to catch the ball (he was a shortstop) which ended a game and thus won his team the World Series. He was also the mentor of a former MLB coach, who is also (more distantly, and by marriage) related to me. He and his kids (my cousins) were one of the lucky families invited to visit Disneyland on its opening day.

A very good friend of mine won major league baseball's Cy Young award in 1964 . He played in the majors 11 years. He passed away a few years ago. He had some great stories.

So in college I used to work with these two guys. They were college students as well. They use to always be talking about lacrosse. I asked one guy, boy you guys must love lacrosse. And he tells me Dave is like one of the top players in the country. So years go by and I am at a job talking with a coworker who played lacrosse and I tell him I use to work with this guy. He tells me he is one of the greatest players ever. So I looked it up that night and sure enough most lists he is in the top ten all-time lacrosse players.
But my wife still wins she worked wit J Cole while he was just starting out in rap, It was at a newspaper normal job.

Last edited:
World-wide fame. John Bongiovi AKA Jon Bon Jovi. He was a neighbor and we went to school together and were in the marching band together.

There's another DISer named Karen who can claim the same, since she went to the same school. I forget her DIS name, though. :scratchin

I grew up down the street from John & Bruce Springsteen (plus others). I worked at our town's pharmacy & waited on them & delivered their meds to them. This was after they were famous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter