What is the best value resort for a young couple?

andera42

Mouseketeer
Newlywed couple we are in our 20's without kids. Where is the best value resort for us? We are planning to visit fall 2016. Looking for a great pool.

My husband and I took our Honeymoon in fall of 2013 and we stayed at Pop. I feel like the All-Stars and AoA attract more families with young children. Not that children bother us, but Pop seems to have a more relaxed atmosphere.

I'm partial to All-Star Movies with or without kids. We just love the themes and the Sorcerer Mickey at the main pool. If you stay on the 3rd floor away from the middle of the resort it is plenty quiet, especially if you bring 2 or 3 mini fans for white noise in the room - which we do no matter where we are traveling.

Only value we stayed at was AoA. Great resort but agree very family oriented. Would say POP as theming probably doesn't appeal to kids as much

If u can swing it or get a good discount see if u can move up to POR or POFQ. Both are great for couples. Lots to do, romantic and give the closest feeling to a deluxe without paying deluxe prices

Only value we stayed at was AoA. Great resort but agree very family oriented. Would say POP as theming probably doesn't appeal to kids as much

If u can swing it or get a good discount see if u can move up to POR or POFQ. Both are great for couples. Lots to do, romantic and give the closest feeling to a deluxe without paying deluxe prices

Yep, I agree. POR is gorgeous and IMO much better for an adults-only trip if it's do-able.

My husband and I went to Pop Century on our first visit and we loved it. It is a very mellow place. They have regular pools there but are all shaped different and hour glass lake is there too (though you can not swim in it. It is still great to take a stroll around it or just sit on a bench and watch people walk by or jog) I don't think we can ever choose a different resort.

I have stayed at all 3 All Star Resorts, as well as Pop Century, and I prefer All Star Music, particularly the Broadway area. There is a nice quiet pool nearby, and the area is nice. I find there aren't as many young kids there either as the Movies and the Sports.

Reactions: Kae
As an older couple (60's) we have stayed at several of the resorts and for the last 4 trips we have found a home at All Star Music. There are two pools there, one in the front (guitar pool) that attracts more young children due to the afternoon activates at the pool and the one in the back (piano pool) that is more laid back and quieter. My wife and I enjoy the guitar pool because we enjoy watching the little kids playing and having fun. I actually stayed in the Country section one year and we kept moving up to the front pool for the activities. Besides the pool, the staff is great and we have never had a problem there. Clean, friendly, just a joy to be at. Check out my picture, those are the girls in the gift shop. Good luck.

All of DH and my young adult, no kids trips were at the values. We have stayed at each All Star and were happy at them all. We had our honeymoon at All Star Sports. :)
We stayed at POP with the kids once, and we really liked it. If it had been built when we were kid-less, we would have enjoyed that resort a lot as just a couple I think.
I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices.

We've stayed at Pop, AS Movies, and AS Sports and been fine with all of them. I have to say I'm surprised when I hear people calling Pop laid back or relaxed!! We found just the opposite. The Pop resort is HUGE. There's 1,000 more rooms at Pop than at any one of the All Stars. So to me, the food court was always an absolute zoo. Nothing laid back or peaceful about it. People will also talk about the busing situation being better at Pop. Again, we found the opposite. Yes, All Stars will share SOMETIMES--not all the time. Not at the busiest times of day--park open and close. While Pop does have dedicated buses, they also have a TON more people vying for those same buses.

As for the rooms and decor, they're all pretty comparable so that just becomes a preference thing. Check out pictures and see which you think is more appealing.

But I agree with PPs. If there's any way to swing a stay at POFQ instead, it's SOOOO much more quiet and quaint than any of the values. I know that's not always possible, but something to think about anyway!

One trip I stayed at All Star Movies and Pop Century. All Star resorts don't have a very large gift shop, so choices are limited. The food court doesn't have espresso coffee drinks. There is no water feature on any of the All Star properties.

Pop Century has espresso drinks, many choices in the food court. A very big gift shop. Large lake on one side of the property. Believe it or not, lake view rooms are not preferred category. We had a nice view of the lake from our standard view room. The lake has a wide pathway on its perimeter and benches here and there. Great place to stroll or sit, especially at night, with the lights from AoA just across the lake. AoA's close proximity is a plus, too. They have a great food court with real silverware and dishes. Food choices you won't find anywhere else. You could take park buses from Pop or AoA.

Purely for value, one of the all stars. They are the most affordable of the Values. Which to choose depends on your tastes. We prefer Movies because of the amazing theming, but music lovers might prefer Music. I love sports, but Sports is geared toward children's sports so never really interested me.

I also think that Movies has the best food court of the all stars.

We Love all star sports but I guess it is all in what you guys are into. My husband and I love sports.

Just for the size, I would pick an All Star over Pop....but my parents like Pop best, I am fine at All Star Sports....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter