What is that NOISE that kept us awake all night??

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a lovely trip and stayed in AKL. We spent the first night in Kidani, then followed our rented DVC points to Jambo House. We were in a deluxe studio. We looove AKL, especially Jambo house and have stayed here numerous times.

However...

this time, we had a baaad night! The first night in our Jambo House room, there was this weird noise that we noticed about the time we came in for the night to settle in. It sounded like an ironing board opening...sorta a scraping metallic sound. It was loud and grating. And went on all. night. long.

I figured I could sleep anyway...so I went to bed. And basically I stared at the ceiling, bleary eyed all night, listening to that noise. That blasted noise!

It was awful. So awful. At 4 a.m. I got up and stood in the open doorway, trying to figure out what it was. It wasn't the elevator, as we were just around the corner from the elevator. We were on the 5th floor and it almost sounded like it was coming from the roof. At 6 a.m. I got dressed and headed to the desk and requested we get moved to another room.

After some discussions, they said we could come back after touring and they would get us settled, which they did. I wish I could tell yall which room, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen. It was scraping, metallic and happened about every two minutes. And it never stopped, all night long. Lordy, was I ever ready for coffee! :cool2:

I had a similar experience at POR last March. The only request I made was for a "quiet" room.. We heard metallic banging every few minutes, all night long. The next day, I asked to be moved but the front desk said they were full. They sent someone over who told me we were located beside an old boiler room!

The place was completed booked because our dates fell around Mardi Gras so they wouldn't move us. We were there 2 weeks and I asked three times to move!

I know people love POR but because of that room - and the poor service - I will never go back!

An old boiler room! Goodness! I wondered if our noise was some turning thing on the roof.

I'm too old to miss a night's sleep. ;)

I had a similar experience at POR last March. The only request I made was for a "quiet" room.. We heard metallic banging every few minutes, all night long. The next day, I asked to be moved but the front desk said they were full. They sent someone over who told me we were located beside an old boiler room!

The place was completed booked because our dates fell around Mardi Gras so they wouldn't move us. We were there 2 weeks and I asked three times to move!

I know people love POR but because of that room - and the poor service - I will never go back!

Did you talk to a manager? We found out that you always need to talk to the manager no matter which resort with an issue, and face to face. The CMs are trained to say and follow certain procedures, so they will be little help most of the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter