What is a daybed?

momof3lovebugs

Mouseketeer
When the resort description says 'two queens, a king and a daybed, or two queens and a daybed" what exactly are they calling a daybed? To me it is a twin bed w/a trundle. But looking at pics I haven't seen anything near what I'd consider that. Are they calling a sofa sleeper a daybed?? :confused3

When the resort description says 'two queens, a king and a daybed, or two queens and a daybed" what exactly are they calling a daybed? To me it is a twin bed w/a trundle. But looking at pics I haven't seen anything near what I'd consider that. Are they calling a sofa sleeper a daybed?? :confused3

It's a convertible sofa that when flipped, becomes equivalent to a twin size bed. There's a little pull tab at the top of the couch that when pulled will expose the bed normally hidden from you. It's not a sofa bed in the strictest of terms, as it doesn't fold out - instead the mattress runs the length of the couch.

For example, at the Polynesian:

0503AV_5560DR_3127-1.jpg

Thanks Chris! So it's like a futon.... not comfy for two kids then. :rotfl: Was considering getting a king room but not anymore! :cutie:

Disney won't let families of greater than 3 book a king bed (with daybed) room.

Even if you WANTED to squish the two kids into the daybed, if they are both over 3 years old, you won't be allowed.

Daybed in the technical sense means a bed that, by day, is a couch. When you go to a furniture store, daybeds are twin sized beds with rails around three sides, creating a "sofa back". You usually use pillows to create a "couch". At night, you remove the pillows and sleep on the bed. My younger sister had one in her room when we were teenagers.

Disney's daybeds are smaller versions of the above. They are "almost" twin sized, but not quite. I would not be able to comfortably sleep in one and I'm only 5'2" and 130 lbs. I tried at the Contemporary, but there was no way I'd be okay with that. So, we doubled up in one of the queen beds. They are PERFECT for little kids, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter