What happens when you mix a Disney pro, 3 first timers, and my Magic+ ?!

DreamLikeWalt

Earning My Ears
Hello all!!! :cool1:
My name is Khalee and welcome to my first ever trip report!
To be honest, I have not really read many trip reports before either! This trip for me is different and I really want to do a trip report- let me tell you why!:goodvibes

JGQLLAs.jpg

I'll start with introducing myself! My name is Khalee, I am 20 years old, and I live in Boston! I have been going to Disney since I was 8 and lost track of how many times I've been, but well over 20. I also did the Disney College Program last year february - august 2013 as a photopass photographer in Animal Kingdom! I like my crazy hair and tattoos, Disney is the only company I'll have "normal" hair to work for! haha!
Here is me in my glorious photopass costume last year!!:rotfl2:
filydoB.jpg

Here is my aunt (Lorri)and 2 cousins( Poleigh 23, Jayde, 20) I'll be going with! They are a bit more conservative with their looks than me, no purple hair for them! haha. We have all been close since we were babies, and they have ....dear I say it... NEVER BEEN TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
uGZ01wB.jpg

(Better picture of my cousins)
ZZ9aWFm.jpg

So.... here is why this trip is different for me and why I want to do a trip report --
- This is my first time returning back to Walt Disney World as a guest and not a cast member
-I did all of the planning and booking this trip, because my family has never been before and wanted me to do it for them
- I will be going to WDW for the first time with people who have never been before!
- This will be my first time experiencing all that My Magic+ has to offer

Besides my college program, every time I went to Disney I would go with my mother who did all of the planning and everything. This will be my first time in control of what we do, where we eat, fast pass times, and everything! I will be going with my aunt and my two cousins (20, and 23).
My aunt and cousins have heard me talk about Disney and my obsession my whole life. They rolled their eyes everytime I said, "I'm going again!" Now I finally have my chance to show them everything - I hope they "Get" Disney and how magical it truly is!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

On top of all of the excitement of planning the trip and showing them everything for the first time, I am super excited/anxious to experience the magic bands, Fastpass+ and all that jazz. I am interested because I will be able to experience how my magic + will effect my experience, someone who knows Disney in and out and can compare it to the old ways. Also, I have 3 other adults who has never been and won't know the difference. With all of the hype and disappointment I am thrilled to be able to report back to you all with how my magic+ works with our vacation! I am not a huge fan of the fastpass+, only 3 per day, and only at ONE PARK?! However, I am not going into this with a negative attitude! I am willing to work with it and see how it goes!

Me, Lorri, Poleigh, Jayde.
5 days, 4 nights.
Pop century.
DDP&Park Hoppers.
Only booked 3 months in advance.

Yup, that's right folks! I want to show them all of WDW in only 5 days, 2 of them being traveling days!!! ... hey don't laugh! I CAN DO THIS!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
We leave bright and early at 6am on March 31st, and we fly home Friday night at 8pm! This gives me only 2 half days and 3 full days - my shortest Disney trip ever!!! Who else bets by the end of this my aunt will decide to rebook for a longer visit!?!? ;)

So I sat down with a pen and paper, and tried to figure out where the heck we are going when, and what 4 dinning reservations to make!
My usual trips to Disney involve a really laid back scheduled only working around EMH and Reservations.. however with only have 5 days with first timers, fastpass+, and reservations I have to plan a lot more commando than normal for me! Now, I'm not planning ride by ride, and I hope to change the fastpasses as needed, but I picked what I sounds about right for now!
Here's what I got so far --

Day 1 - After traveling, hopefully arrive at Magic Kingdom around 3pm-ish. Dinner at Be Our Guest!!!!! Ahhh, my first time going there! I haven't even been inside for lunch either, but I was so excited to score this reservation. I already know it will be the perfect way to start of our vacation!

Day 2 - Morning at DAK! Night at HS. Dinner reservations at Sci-fi. Now, I realize this isn't the most amazing place for food, but the atmosphere is astounding. I think it is such a perfect example of Disney themeing, and the way Disney really takes you out of reality. What do you guys think about my decision on this?! Hoping to show them fantasmic this night!

Day 3- Another full day at MK! Breakfast at 1900!! If things go as planned on day 1 we will have seen wishes, parade, and all that on that night, so after spending the day at MK we will head over to Epcot for Illuminations!

Day 4- Full day of Epcot ! Hoping to get there at opening so we can run onto soaring and test track before the line gets to big. I absolutely despise the fastpass + options for Epcot, The only things I would get it for would be test track&soaring, and with the tier system I can't even do that. And if I get one of them , I have to waste 2 fastpasses on things I feel like I won't need one for. So instead I plan on getting to Epcot early, and using my fastpasses for HS later in the day. Dinner at 8pm Ohana that night, hopefully going to watch wishes from the beach after dinner! I hope I'll have room for a dolewhip!!

Day 5 - At this point we have done all 4 parks! I am going to let them choose where they want to go for their last day!:cool1::cool1:

What do you guys think?! Can I do all of this AND take the time to walk around slowly and let my family just people watch and take in the Disney Magic??
I'm so excited!!! I leave in 13 hours!!!

Your plan sounds doable... Depending on the crowds, seems you picked days for high crowd volume but without all 4 parks being high doesn't look bad. I wouldn't rush to fit everything in, definitely take the time to stroll and people watch a bit! :cool1:

Looking forward to a completed trip report to see how things went! And to find out what they pick for the last day! Happy travels!

A little jealous, I wish I was on my way to WDW today! I have 158 days until I fly myself to take my DBF on his first trip to WDW, he grew up with DL and thinks it is the best. I can't wait to teach him otherwise on our 17 days in the most magical place on earth!

Hi Daughter :wave2:

I know you are asleep after a day of travel AND MK!!! I love the snap chats lol!!! I hope you have a great day today!! I am wishing I was there soooo bad!! Have fun and try to fill us in will ya!! Can't wait to hear how its going!! Love you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter