What do you think of our ADR's on DxDP?

NuttyDisneyMom

Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visi
This is our first time on the DxDP, let alone any dining plan. We are MAJOR foodies and love to eat:laughing: Not so much DD7, but she enjoys riding the monorail more than anything else so she's happy :rotfl: It is me, DM, DS, and both DD's on this trip and we are VERY excited to be getting to try alot of these restaurants for the first time. DM, DD14, and myself are BIG on seafood. DS is big on steak and pasta. DD7 will eat chicken and steak, so she'll be happy anywhere, even tho she doesn't eat much! Anything you'd change??? All opinions are welcome;) and please no :furious: of anyones opinions:hippie:

Arrival Day 1 (no parks)
Lunch - Kona Cafe
Dinner - Narcoosees's

Day 2
BF - 1900 Park Fare
L - San Angel Inn
D- O'Hana (must do and a family fave to watch the fireworks while having late dinner there)

Day 3
BF - O'Hana character meal
L - Sci Fi
D - Chef Mickey's (closing DHS that day so LATE meal)

Day 4
L - Afternoon Tea at GF (OOP, tradition for us girls and 1st time with DM)
D - Libery Tree Tavern (so sad it's not character anymore, we LOVED it!:sad1:)

Day 5 (DTD/BBB day)
BF - Grand Floridian Cafe (DD14 and I want to try the lobster eggs benedict)
D - Planet Hollywood

Day 6 (Thanksgiving)
BF - Tusker House pre park opening @ 8am
L - Yak & Yeti
D - Whispering Canyon

Day 7
BF - Akershus pre park opening @ 8am
L - Tutto Italia
D - Flying Fish

Day 8
BF - Kona Cafe (Tonga Toast for me and kids, macadamia nut pancakes for DM)
L - Chefs de France (hopefully Remy is there for DD7princess:)
D - Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 9 (departure day:sad1:)
BF - Boma

Looks great! We are on the deluxe plan next month and will be eating at a lot of the same places as you!

Am thinking about changing Flying Fish to Cirtricos:confused3 Thoughts???

I most definitely wouldn't change Flying Fish, especially since you said you like seafood. On our last trip, it was our favorite meal!! We booked it again for our trip in December and can't wait. :thumbsup2

Now my darling children want to do HDDR:confused3 So I have to get rid of FF or Narcoosees's I guess??? Which would you do?

Now my darling children want to do HDDR:confused3 So I have to get rid of FF or Narcoosees's I guess??? Which would you do?

I honestly wouldn't get rid of either---I'd be more inclined to ditch two of the meals on the days you have three TS planned. On one day, you have 1900 Park Faire for breakfast, which is a buffet. Chances are, you can get away with skipping lunch that day and just grabbing some snacks and then having dinner. Same with the day after. Since you are having dinner at O'hana, maybe skip O'hana for breakfast and just do Sci-Fi and Chef Mickey---get something light for breakfast.

If you had to get rid of one of the Signature meals, I'd probably toss Narcoossee's. It was on our list for our trip in December on the DxDDP and I ditched it. It looked nice, but I had to decide between that and California Grill and after looking at the menu at Narcoossee's it just didn't seem like it would "wow" me. I thoroughly enjoyed Flying Fish last trip and really wanted to make sure we tried it again, so we kept that.

If you need an open dinner slot to fit HDDR in, I would maybe skip out on Liberty Tree Tavern. Now that it's not a character meal, Ford Wilderness is so close to the MK it wouldn't be much more trouble to go there for dinner.

Ok...so we've decided to ditch LTT and pay OOP for Planet Hollywood since we have the voucher when we check in. So I went ahead and booked HDDR for 11/24:thumbsup2 YEE HAW! :laughing: And thank you PP!!!:hug:

You have awesome dining plans in my opinion! I was just there September 1-7 and ate at many of the same places... We have always loved the San Angel Inn but had particularly amazing food this past trip it is so authentic and delicious! I always love Sci Fi & Chef Mickeys is a must do :)

We did the afternoon tea at GF for the first time this trip and loved it.. we are all tea lovers and really liked the atmosphere. We did the one that came with sandwiches, scones, and pastries.. I'm sure you love it though since you said you've been before! Such a pretty view of the resort too we sat right by the window. Let me know how the Grand Floridian Cafe is after your trip.. have heard so many good things and want to try it out!

We did Yak & Yeti CS this trip for the first time too and loved the food. We had the honey chicken and fried rice yumm! Kona Cafe is the best! We always get the Tonga toast and macadamia pancakes and share :) We always do Boma dinner how different is the breakfast and do you like it better or is is just different? Have a good trip! And enjoy all the yummy food!

You have awesome dining plans in my opinion! I was just there September 1-7 and ate at many of the same places... We have always loved the San Angel Inn but had particularly amazing food this past trip it is so authentic and delicious! I always love Sci Fi & Chef Mickeys is a must do :)

We did the afternoon tea at GF for the first time this trip and loved it.. we are all tea lovers and really liked the atmosphere. We did the one that came with sandwiches, scones, and pastries.. I'm sure you love it though since you said you've been before! Such a pretty view of the resort too we sat right by the window. Let me know how the Grand Floridian Cafe is after your trip.. have heard so many good things and want to try it out!

We did Yak & Yeti CS this trip for the first time too and loved the food. We had the honey chicken and fried rice yumm! Kona Cafe is the best! We always get the Tonga toast and macadamia pancakes and share :) We always do Boma dinner how different is the breakfast and do you like it better or is is just different? Have a good trip! And enjoy all the yummy food!

Well....I just spent 3 hours online tonight changing ALOT of things around!!!:scared1: Got everything situated, but had to give up Chef Mickey's, so took an early Crystal Palace instead;) Always wanted to try the puffed french toast anyway:thumbsup2

Never been to Boma for any meal, so this is new to us all. After much debate, we decided breakfast would be the best bet considering my pick DS and DD7:laughing:

I'll put our new list in the next post:goodvibes

...decided to add some more signatures in so we weren't spending so much time at TS places. We do spread out the meals, and almost all our dinners are 9pm and our breakfasts are either park openers or 11am's. So no, we're not commandos!:rotfl: We all want to try them, so since we're on the DxDDP, why not:hippie: We'll be back in April 2010 to try the rest we won't get to on this trip, so no worries:goodvibes Tried to do HDDR, but no luck:sad2: There's always next trip for that too! Everything below is new for us, except O'hana dinner. Can't say we don't like to try new things:laughing:

Arrival Day 1 (no parks)
Dinner - Narcoosees's

Day 2
BF - 1900 Park Fare
L - San Angel Inn
D- O'Hana (must do and a family fave to watch the fireworks while having late dinner there)

Day 3
BF - O'Hana character meal
L - Sci Fi
D - still debating over Citricos or California Grill:confused3

Day 4
L - Afternoon Tea at GF (OOP, tradition for us girls and 1st time with DM)
D - Kona Cafe (have to have that steak!!!)

Day 5 (DTD/BBB day)
BF - Kona Cafe (Tonga toast for DS and I, and macadamia nut pancakes for DM)
D - Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Day 6 (Thanksgiving)
BF - Tusker House pre park opening @ 8am
L - Yak & Yeti
D - Whispering Canyon

Day 7
BF - Akershus pre park opening @ 8am
L - Tutto Italia
D - Flying Fish

Day 8
BF - Crystal Palace (8am:woohoo:)
L - Chefs de France (hopefully Remy is there for DD7)
D - Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 9 (departure day)
BF - Boma

:yay: We'll be at WDW the same time as you. Your ADRs looks amazing. :thumbsup2 We are also an 'Ohana loving family. :love: We are NOT on any Dining Plan. So, I've tweaked, booked and cancelled numerous ADRs to come to my final list.

Here's the ADRs I booked (let me know what you think) ...

Sunday
Plaza Restaurant (dinner)

Monday
Le Cellier (lunch)
'Ohana (dinner)

Tuesday
Sci-Fi Dine-In (lunch)
Kouzzina (dinner)

Wednesday
Les Chefs de France (lunch)

Thursday(Thanksgiving)
Nine Dragons (lunch)

Friday - Sunday (off property at the beach! :cool2:)

Monday
Boma (dinner)

Tuesday
Mama Melrose (lunch)

Wednesday
Tusker House (breakfast)
Jiko (dinner)

Thursday
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
'Ohana (dinner)

Friday
Yak and Yeti (lunch)

:surfweb: Jennifer

The Snapper at FF is to die for..... my mouth is watering just thinking of it:cloud9: The Bass is also scrumptious...

My DH and I have done the deluxe plan 3x usually for a week at a time and are doing it one more time this year. In my opinion on days 2, 3 , 6, 7 and 8 you have too many meals planned. You will not be hungry or able to eat that much, especially by days 6, 7, 8. We have found that either a TS breakfast or lunch and then a signature dinner ( or 2 credit character meal) is the best way to go and using your snack credits for the meal missed. No matter how big of an eater you think you are it is sooooooo much food! Also you will spend a great deal of time going to and from places to eat, it gets old near the end of the trip in our experience.

My DH and I have done the deluxe plan 3x usually for a week at a time and are doing it one more time this year. In my opinion on days 2, 3 , 6, 7 and 8 you have too many meals planned. You will not be hungry or able to eat that much, especially by days 6, 7, 8. We have found that either a TS breakfast or lunch and then a signature dinner ( or 2 credit character meal) is the best way to go and using your snack credits for the meal missed. No matter how big of an eater you think you are it is sooooooo much food! Also you will spend a great deal of time going to and from places to eat, it gets old near the end of the trip in our experience.

I agree wholeheartedly.....DH and I have done the DxDDP and three sitdown meals with appie and dessert is way too much. We limit our dining to a 1TS and a 2TS each day and are still stuffed my the end of our trip, not to mention a 4-5 lb weight gain. We walk an average of 6-9 mi. per day and I still gained weight.:scared1:

:yay: We'll be at WDW the same time as you. Your ADRs looks amazing. :thumbsup2 We are also an 'Ohana loving family. :love: We are NOT on any Dining Plan. So, I've tweaked, booked and cancelled numerous ADRs to come to my final list.

Here's the ADRs I booked (let me know what you think) ...

Sunday
Plaza Restaurant (dinner)

Monday
Le Cellier (lunch)
'Ohana (dinner)

Tuesday
Sci-Fi Dine-In (lunch)
Kouzzina (dinner)

Wednesday
Les Chefs de France (lunch)

Thursday(Thanksgiving)
Nine Dragons (lunch)

Friday - Sunday (off property at the beach! :cool2:)

Monday
Boma (dinner)

Tuesday
Mama Melrose (lunch)

Wednesday
Tusker House (breakfast)
Jiko (dinner)

Thursday
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
'Ohana (dinner)

Friday
Yak and Yeti (lunch)

:surfweb: Jennifer

I think they look GREAT! DS would love to eat a Ohana every night, but I couldn't get another ADR for it:sad2: I'm going to keep trying for him tho:)

The Snapper at FF is to die for..... my mouth is watering just thinking of it:cloud9: The Bass is also scrumptious...

I've always found Red Snapper to be fishy, and I DO NOT like fishy tasting:sick: I like grouper, cod, rockfish, tilapia, haddock...mild fish. Did you find the Red Snapper to be fishy?

I realize it does look like alot of sitting down and travelling from meal to meal, but trust me when I tell you...WE CAN EAT;) Also, DM is diabetic and we need the breaks with DD's. My DD14 has a rheumetalogical disease that affects her back qutie a bit, so we really are used to taking our time. I forsee us getting alot of desserts to go. Thank goodness we have a fridge in the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter