What do you inexplicably own?

I was going through our old DVD's to get rid of them and found Vanilla Sky. Vanilla Sky? I have no idea where that came from. Dh and I didn't even care for the movie. Why do we own it?!

That and a bikini. Yeah, I am never wearing a bikini. Why I still have it is mystery.

A basket popped up on my table out of nowhere, no one here claimed it, I was going to toss it but its a perfectly good basket. Someone on a local Facebook page posted asking in anyone had a basket for an auction, she picked it up yesterday.

It's inexplicable to my family, but I counted and I have 8 pair of scissors that I use regularly. Makes sense to me; they all have an exclusive purpose each and I don't use them for anything else. I have fabric scissors, cardboard scissors, trim scissors, etc. all of them purpose marked on the handles with a black sharpie. Besides those, I have 2 pair up here in my room for general purposes and for snipping candle wicks for a grand total of 10.

It's inexplicable to my family, but I counted and I have 8 pair of scissors that I use regularly. Makes sense to me; they all have an exclusive purpose each and I don't use them for anything else. I have fabric scissors, cardboard scissors, trim scissors, etc. all of them purpose marked on the handles with a black sharpie. Besides those, I have 2 pair up here in my room for general purposes and for snipping candle wicks for a grand total of 10.

I love it! Nothing beats a good pair of scissors.

But sadly even if I owned 10 pairs of scissors I still would never be able to find a single pair as my family is notorious for taking them and not returning them. :headache: Of the 4 pairs I regularly use, I am always on the hunt for them.:rolleyes:

Two cats and a Shih Tzu. DH and I were never pet people. I grew up in a museum of a house and an OCD mother who would never let an animal inside.

But somehow after 19 years of marriage, DH and I ended up with a house full. Now at our 25 year mark, we could not imagine life without them. Of course, having our daughter later in life and big blue eyes begging helped, too. 😂

I do have an old pilot's leather helmet, which my Air Force dad probably gave me eons ago.

I lose tools, buy replacements, then boggle my brain when I find the original item. It's part of the rotation, it will get lost again and the newer one will appear.

An ugly, misshapen pottery bowl that was not even made by one of my own children lol. A kid in DD's class made it (they all made one) and he was going to throw his out and my daughter couldn't bear that so she brought it home. 10 years later we still have it and I cannot remember the boy's name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter