What do you collect from Disney World?

Tsums Tsums, coasters from the bars at Disney Springs (especially Raglan Road), Pressed pennies, Alex & Ani bracelets (I have 15+), Vera bradley bags (different designs), shot glasses ("tooth pick holders" if I am lucky enough to find new ones), and pins.

I have so much Disney stuff, I think I could make a small fortune if I ever decide to sell anything. :D

Many years ago I started collecting Disney Olszewski light up Boxes. I would buy 1 a trip and then when our DD was in the DCP we went 5 times - I have many boxes now. There are some older ones that I wish I had.

All you guys collecting pins- how do you display them at home?[/QUOTE]

I have my pins on a really cute bulletin board, and I drape my lanyard on the edge. Before each trip I take the "less loved" pins I want to trade and transfer them to the lanyard!

[QUOTE="Jerusalem Gal, post: 56607650, member: 564310")...All you guys collecting pins- how do you display them at home?[/QUOTE]
I actually wear them all over on my suit from head to toe. People at work are used to it but I get lots of looks elsewhere.:jester:

See why I'm embarrassed. Is there a support group somewhere?
I think you're in good company here! :D
(And I'm so jealous!)

My collections tend to be on the more inexpensive side- Magnets (with year) and pressed pennies! My husband likes pins and also gets one with the year on it.
I like the sound of inexpensive! ;)
How do you display your pennies?

Tsums Tsums, coasters from the bars at Disney Springs (especially Raglan Road), Pressed pennies, Alex & Ani bracelets (I have 15+), Vera bradley bags (different designs), shot glasses ("tooth pick holders" if I am lucky enough to find new ones), and pins.

I have so much Disney stuff, I think I could make a small fortune if I ever decide to sell anything. :D
Don't sell!!!!!!! :D
Ah, Vera Bradley bags.. I wish I could afford those! ;)

Many years ago I started collecting Disney Olszewski light up Boxes. I would buy 1 a trip and then when our DD was in the DCP we went 5 times - I have many boxes now. There are some older ones that I wish I had.
I just Googled them to know what you're talking about. Oh my god, I LOVE those! Never bought any but they're just gorgeous!!! Those would be at the top of my collection list!

[QUOTE="Jerusalem Gal, post: 56607650, member: 564310")...All you guys collecting pins- how do you display them at home?
I actually wear them all over on my suit from head to toe. People at work are used to it but I get lots of looks elsewhere.:jester:[/QUOTE]
LOL! I don't think they'd like it if I came to work covered in pins! :laughing:

What do I collect....credit card debt lol. Which gets paid right off ( thus interest free) and accumulates my Free Disney money to go towards what I Really collect ... A Yearly Disney Magnet and Xmas ornament, and whatever else strikes my fancy! I have a large collection of pins that are in display boxes, years ago collected the figurine (sets...Tarzan, Cinderella etc) which are boxed up, Jim shore Disney pieces and my dh used to get me a personalized glass slipper... But a girl can only have sooo many shoes!

Last edited:

We collect pins (usually in themes, but also some of the mystery sets if we like them, stuffed Stitchs, and mugs. We use the mugs, some more than others. They bring me happiness!

I just Googled them to know what you're talking about. Oh my god, I LOVE those! Never bought any but they're just gorgeous!!! Those would be at the top of my collection list!

I know I felt the same way when I first saw them. They are not cheap so I limit them to 1 per trip. But my DH and kids know what to get me for birthdays and Christmas. :sunny:

We used to purchase and collect Walt Disney World Pins and have a few DVC owner pins from 10 years ago. They are in perfect condition and still on their original cards.

I used to collect golf balls. At one time they had a current supply of dated ones, so every time I went I bought a couple of them and put them in a display case and it nicely said what year they were from on the ball. Then, I assume to not have to redo inventories every year they just said Disney Parks with no date. Well, I guess they saved from having to throw away some of them at the end of the year, but, they also lost sales because of it. Didn't sound like a wise move on their part. For one thing the mark up was mind boggling and since it isn't a huge collectors item it didn't take up much room or generate a lot of expense. Oh well, saved me $3.00 apiece for a 25 cent "seconds" golf ball. I'm now replacing my collection with just different course type ones and slowly using my Disney ones (generic) for the ball that I use when I have to hit over a major water hazard. Many are now asleep in the deep.

I collect so many different things from Disney when I go. I an addicted to collecting pins that take my fancy and Chip and Dale ones in particular as well as pressed pennies!! I also am a big mug fan and never leave disney with at least 5 mugs, is hard to resist all of the new adorable deigns. Also because I live so far away from the Disney resorts (By far away I mean Australia) I love to get my massive Disney fix every time I go hence why I stock up! haha ::MinnieMo

I collect so many different things from Disney when I go. I an addicted to collecting pins that take my fancy and Chip and Dale ones in particular as well as pressed pennies!! I also am a big mug fan and never leave disney with at least 5 mugs, is hard to resist all of the new adorable deigns. Also because I live so far away from the Disney resorts (By far away I mean Australia) I love to get my massive Disney fix every time I go hence why I stock up! haha ::MinnieMo
That IS far! :-) I'm also an international traveler so I love stocking up on Disney merchandise when I'm there! I'f be a little worried to fly with mugs, though.

I collect silhouettes of my kids to see how they grow.

Other than that just little trinkets. Nothing that would get me too locked in to anything because I have OCD and I can't handle change and if they stopped selling something I was collecting I would have a hard time dealing.

I do like ornaments. I got the Ariel ears ornament when I was there for the Princess Half because I ran as Ariel. Each of my friends did the same for the princess they ran as.

My husband suggested I start collecting Alex and Ani bracelets but we'll see... not sure I want to tie myself down. Although I think I may get one for myself when I'm there next month.

I like the Disney PokitPals which used to be sold at Disney and online but now are pretty much only on eBay and a few other sites. I have about 20 right now and need to find a shelf or way to display them.

Don't get me started on Disney Pins! I began collecing these in the heighth of the 1998 - 2000s craziness and probably have over 2000 in albums and frames. Now I only buy dated ones for each trip and each hotel we stay in.

Here is a picture of a PokitPal display at Disney (which misspells their name!):

0038ed1-XL.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!