What do you collect from Disney World?

Jerusalem Gal

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of starting a collection! But I don't know what to collect! :-)
Tsum Tsums? Vinylmation? Pins? The tiny mini figurines?
What do you enjoy collecting and why?

As a kid I collected the figurines. I still have them! We've also collected pins recently but are not as into them these days. I'm currently on a mug collection binge.

As a kid I collected the figurines. I still have them! We've also collected pins recently but are not as into them these days. I'm currently on a mug collection binge.
Do you use the mugs or are they just for show? (And where do you put all of them?? ;) )

I collect pins and keep them all on pin boards in my room. I collect the cards from Sorcerer's of the Magic kingdom but don't really enjoy playing the game. I also like collecting the character shaped popcorn buckets, I even order the ones from Tokyo Disney from ebay!

I still do pins, just not as many. I do Starbucks Disney mugs from each park (with only 4 it's pretty easy, and they stack, so I have them by my coffee pot).

I'm a big pin collector. I like to buy annual dated pins and pins from events. I also love to pin trade. Each trip I have a "focus" last trip I collected monorail pins. Drives my family nuts, but eventually they go to the dark side and they start looking for pins to help me out! Now to come up with my next collection....

I collect the cards from Sorcerer's of the Magic kingdom but don't really enjoy playing the game.
I've never really looked into that so I have no clue what the game is or how to play :-)

I collect 12" plush Mickeys, but it seems to be getting harder to find unique ones.
What kind of unique Mickeys do you have?

I'm a big pin collector.

PIns bc they're cheap, easy to acquire, and they look awesome!

Pins, pins, and more PINS!

All you guys collecting pins- how do you display them at home?

I've never really looked into that so I have no clue what the game is or how to play :-)

All you guys collecting pins- how do you display them at home?

Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom is a card based interactive game played at Magic Kingdom. You get the cards at the fire station on main street and you use the cards to fight villains that are attempting to take over magic kingdom for various purposes. It has you going across the park to find the portals to play the game and it gets old quickly. But the cards are cute and free, so I don't mind taking a few minutes to get them on my trips!

As far as my pins, I put mine up on cork boards at home. I get the big shadow box kind that latches shut and organize my boards by character/theme. I have a Stitch board with hundreds of Stitch pins, and then another board where I put...everything that isn't Stitch.

Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom is a card based interactive game played at Magic Kingdom. You get the cards at the fire station on main street and you use the cards to fight villains that are attempting to take over magic kingdom for various purposes. It has you going across the park to find the portals to play the game and it gets old quickly. But the cards are cute and free, so I don't mind taking a few minutes to get them on my trips!

As far as my pins, I put mine up on cork boards at home. I get the big shadow box kind that latches shut and organize my boards by character/theme. I have a Stitch board with hundreds of Stitch pins, and then another board where I put...everything that isn't Stitch.
Wow, nice! (Hundreds of Stitch pins??? Amazing! :love: ) I kind of like that idea!!
And thanks for explaining about the game. I guess I wouldn't do it if I travel alone but if I go with someone who has kids, they'd probably enjoy it :-)

What kind of unique Mickeys do you have?

They used to make Mickeys with the year on them so I have some with Mickeys dressed like he's going to the park with the year on his backpack or fanny pack. I have quite a few holiday ones but probably the most unique is the Valentine's Day one with Mickey dressed as Cupid. Some of my other favorites are a birthday Mickey holding a cake that plays Happy Birthday, Pirates of the Caribbean Mickey, space Mickey, Woody Mickey, Mickey holding a big chocolate bar, Woody Mickey, Irish Mickey, and one of all different colors. When we were there last month there weren't really many new choices, so I picked up an Oswald.

Well this is a little embarrassing but here goes:

Christmas ornaments, I go twice a year and get one every time.

Disney Dooney and Bourkes. I have at least 4, I say at least because I'm at work and can't see them but I know of 4.

Masks from Italy in WS. These suckers aren't cheap and I've had to start sort of getting things like ornaments or pins. I've got at least 7, sitting all nice and neat on the bed in the guest room in the order I want them hung on the wall waiting for my honey to hang them. Mind you, they have been sitting on that bed since I've had two of them so not holding my breath.

Coffee cups, I don't get as many of these as I used to but own at least 10 and yes I drink out of all of them.

Tshirts, these are normally bought because I'm either cold and need a long sleeve or I've run out of clothes because I underestimated the heat.

Charms for my bracelet. I have both a gold and silver regular charm bracelet with the dangle type charms not Pandora but the old fashioned type. I try to buy a charm everywhere I go so they are both really full. I also have a silver just Disney one. I love the jingle jangle of a charm bracelet.

Watches, can't say how many I have but last count I owned 40 watches, of which there were at least 10 Disney ones. I always swear I'm not going to get another one and come home with another one. Thankfully I have a small wrist and can wear the kid's ones.

See why I'm embarrassed. Is there a support group somewhere?

My collections tend to be on the more inexpensive side- Magnets (with year) and pressed pennies! My husband likes pins and also gets one with the year on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter