what day of the week do most people check in?

what day of the week are you checking in on?

• monday

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • tuesday

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • wednesday

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • thursday

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • friday

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • saturday

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • sunday

Votes: 21 28.0%

• Total voters

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
I am starting to get worried, we are staying BC CL Deluxe room in June. I am aware there are very few deluxe rooms. I had a previous snafoo at a disney resort with an oversell situation which leads to my fear of it happening again. This only our second visit to the world. I am checking in on a Sunday so I am thinking most people check in on a Sat? I would be one of the last to check in if thats the case. Is there a day that is most popular for arrivals? I just noticed that the deluxe rooms are sold out for my dates which adds to my worry. Does anyone have any experience that could put my mind at ease?

Not sure if we can put your mind at ease when we don't know what you are worried about. I don't know what you mean by be one of the last to check in. Exactly what are you worried about and maybe we can help.

The DVC resort mouse keeping schedule cards (due to DVC service every 4 days) always had an example with Sunday check in, so I assumed that was most common.

At a minimum, I would think that weekend trips and 10 day trips (arrive Friday and stay 2 weekends) would be likely to be checking out on Sunday.

I selected Thursday because that is my check-in day for next week, but that's an odd check-in for me for this particular trip. Historically, we have always checked in on Saturday (although our trip in November will be a Sunday check-in).

We stay Deluxe and I'm not sure I understand your worry of being one of the last to check in? People check in and out of the hotels all week long at various times. As long as you have a room reserved, you have a room. If you paid for a theme park view or savanna view, you will have one of those views - it doesn't matter what time you get there. You're not guaranteed a particular room, but you are guaranteed the view/room-type you pay for.

I selected Thursday because that is my check-in day for next week, but that's an odd check-in for me for this particular trip. Historically, we have always checked in on Saturday (although our trip in November will be a Sunday check-in).

We stay Deluxe and I'm not sure I understand your worry of being one of the last to check in? People check in and out of the hotels all week long at various times. As long as you have a room reserved, you have a room. If you paid for a theme park view or savanna view, you will have one of those views - it doesn't matter what time you get there. You're not guaranteed a particular room, but you are guaranteed the view/room-type you pay for.

Actually what I bolded is incorrect.
You are only guaranteed, some room, some where on property. There have been reports of folks paying for preferred and being downgraded at checkin, being moved to a different resort etc. I am sure that is what the OP is afraid of.
OP Folks check in and out everyday of the week. Checking in on Sunday does not make you "the last to check in" as lots of folks have checked out that day as well. We are historically Sun - Sun travelers and I have never had a problem
Good Luck

Not sure if we can put your mind at ease when we don't know what you are worried about. I don't know what you mean by be one of the last to check in. Exactly what are you worried about and maybe we can help.
I am worried we will have the same problem as our first visit. oversell situation, when we arrived there was no room for us...not a single room at beach club. I did online check in, we arrived around 4pm, somehow they didnt realize the oversell until we arrived at the resort. We never got the room class we reserved, not even on the club level floor but I settled and contacted disney once I got home. They did compensate us after we got home but I am afraid of the same thing happening and I am worried that the day of the week we are checking in might be putting us more at risk. Does this make sense?

You are only guaranteed, some room, some where on property. There have been reports of folks paying for preferred and being downgraded at checkin, being moved to a different resort etc. I am sure that is what the OP is afraid of.
OP Folks check in and out everyday of the week. Checking in on Sunday does not make you "the last to check in" as lots of folks have checked out that day as well. We are historically Sun - Sun travelers and I have never had a problem
Good Luck
I am now very well educated on the room reservation policy. We did not get even the class room we booked. Disney acknowledged that they goofed and they made it right. If this happened once in 20 trips I wouldnt be too worried, I think since it happened on our first visit I am worried it will happen again, just looking for some peer support too calm my mind is all.

Good Luck

That may be true, but it is very rare. And it's not like you're paying preferred prices if you're downgraded - when that happens, it comes with refunds and additional ways to compensate for the trouble if Disney is at fault.

With my arrival being on Thursday next week, I've wondered what room I will end up with since that won't be a day many check out, but since I've had a TPV room booked for the better part of a year with requests attached to it, I won't stress about something unless we get there and don't have a room. I may not get my requests, but that will be okay.

That may be true, but it is very rare. And it's not like you're paying preferred prices if you're downgraded - when that happens, it comes with refunds and additional ways to compensate for the trouble if Disney is at fault.

With my arrival being on Thursday next week, I've wondered what room I will end up with since that won't be a day many check out, but since I've had a TPV room booked for the better part of a year with requests attached to it, I won't stress about something unless we get there and don't have a room. I may not get my requests, but that will be okay.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that you stress at all :-) I am simply pointing out that all you are guaranteed is a room some where, some kind. OP responded that not getting her reserved room on her prior trip is what happened to her as well. I agree it is rare, but it does happen

I am worried we will have the same problem as our first visit. oversell situation, when we arrived there was no room for us...not a single room at beach club. I did online check in, we arrived around 4pm, somehow they didnt realize the oversell until we arrived at the resort. We never got the room class we reserved, not even on the club level floor but I settled and contacted disney once I got home. They did compensate us after we got home but I am afraid of the same thing happening and I am worried that the day of the week we are checking in might be putting us more at risk. Does this make sense?
No one can alleviate your fears. Disney has a massive turn over every single day. I do not feel that 1 day has more than others.
You are at no different risk on Sunday than you are on any of the other 6 days of the week
Your risk overall is extremely low.
If it were something that happened all the time there would be numerous reports/posts. There aren't because it's very rare. You just drew the short straw, sorry to say.

Try not to worry, I think it's a pretty rare occurrence. Also I think your WDW account will have a note that you've endured a snafu before, making it unlikely they'd disappoint you again. Maybe a CM on the board could confirm that...or tell me I'm full of beans. ;)

Try not to worry, I think it's a pretty rare occurrence. Also I think your WDW account will have a note that you've endured a snafu before, making it unlikely they'd disappoint you again. Maybe a CM on the board could confirm that...or tell me I'm full of beans. ;)
Someone told me they can flag your account to alert if you are a "hard to please" customer or if there was a prior incident to alert them to avid it in the future...I sure hope so. Thank you.

Just occurred to me that something you may want to know, more than what day most check in,
what day do any conventions at BC during your stay begin/end
That could be way more impactful to your particular stay

As AngiTN pointed out, it's impossible to completely alleviate your fears. You were unfortunate to be in an overbooked circumstance but while it doesn't happen every day, it does happen, anywhere. If it helps, I have arrived every day of the week, just about every time frame except the middle of the night and in over 30 something trips, I've never had it happen to me. That might jinx me and it happen my next trip but every single hotel (and airline) in the world can and does over book.

No one can alleviate your fears. Disney has a massive turn over every single day. I do not feel that 1 day has more than others.
You are at no different risk on Sunday than you are on any of the other 6 days of the week
Your risk overall is extremely low.
If it were something that happened all the time there would be numerous reports/posts. There aren't because it's very rare. You just drew the short straw, sorry to say.
short straw...haha I am 4ft 9 inches tall, and now my kids are starting to pass me up. See I bet you didnt even know how fitting that comment was. Thank yo, You are right. I am starting to feel a little better. I keep reminding myself that If I picture perfection I am only setting my trip up to fail. Things do go wrong and sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Thanks again

As AngiTN pointed out, it's impossible to completely alleviate your fears. You were unfortunate to be in an overbooked circumstance but while it doesn't happen every day, it does happen, anywhere. If it helps, I have arrived every day of the week, just about every time frame except the middle of the night and in over 30 something trips, I've never had it happen to me. That might jinx me and it happen my next trip but every single hotel (and airline) in the world can and does over book.
that is settling...go knock on some wood!

Just occurred to me that something you may want to know, more than what day most check in,
what day do any conventions at BC during your stay begin/end
That could be way more impactful to your particular stay
good point thanks, how would I do that?

short straw...haha I am 4ft 9 inches tall, and now my kids are starting to pass me up. See I bet you didnt even know how fitting that comment was. Thank yo, You are right. I am starting to feel a little better. I keep reminding myself that If I picture perfection I am only setting my trip up to fail. Things do go wrong and sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Thanks again
Yes, so very true.
Just know, if the odds are not in your favor and you do end up with a booking issue, stay calm and work with them to find a replacement that you are happy with. You are not required to settle for what they offer, if it doesn't fit your needs. Don't be unreasonable, like demanding the Roy Suite at GF but have something in mind that would be an equal replacement for your family.
But really, I bet you get exactly what you booked. Hope you have a magical stay this time. One that is problem free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter