What can I expect for spring break

arkitekt

Earning My Ears
I've never been to DW for spring break and was wondering what to expect.

Big big crowds or normal

Weather in late march looks like 80 daytime mid 50 night. Heated pools?

Traffic jams. I'm driving.

Any advice for the parks this time of year?

Staying full days Sunday through Thursday. Best days for which parks.

It depends on the exact dates of your spring break. If you go the weeks right around Easter the crowds will be far bigger than the weeks not surrounding Easter.

We go Easter every year and we drive, this year included. Never been in a traffic jam other then the typical crappy traffic on I-4. Parks are enjoyable as long as you take advantage of Magic hours. We normally are fast *** maniacs but I am not sure with the new system if I will like it as much. Pools are a little packed, don't expect to find a chair if you arrive at pool after noon..Enjoy

It depends on the exact dates of your spring break. If you go the weeks right around Easter the crowds will be far bigger than the weeks not surrounding Easter.

There are a ton of different factors that will contribute to the crowds around spring break. First as mentioned above. How close are you going to Easter? If you are going a few weeks before then you will certainly experience much smaller crowds, as smaller children will not be on break yet, but there nay be other students on their spring break at that time too. If you are staying at Disney Resort, I'm assuming from your signature that you are staying at CSR, if that is the case the pools will be heated to 82 degrees, like all disney pools (around that temp at least). There is always some type of crowd and the driving down there will be a little hectic in places I'm sure, but I would say that assuming its not around the holiday you should be pretty good. Obviously busier than January, but certainly not near an Easter, Halloween, Christmas time visit.

I think for late March, there we be some large crowds. With Easter being so late in April, I know many schools in my area are going to have Spring Break around end of March or early April. I would expect some wait times at the parks to be on the mid to higher range than normal.

As for traffic jams, I doubt that will be much different than normal unless there is an accident somewhere.

The WDW pools are heated so you should be good for swimming unless there is a major temperature drop.

Depends on when your dates are. My friend took her son in March 2013 and hit the biggest spring break week. If I remember right it was March 23 to the 30th. I think MK closed due to reaching capacity 4 days out of her trip. It was her 1st trip and she said she would not go back that time of the year- the lines for everything were really long so they couldn't get much done. She is planning on going back another time of the year because she said it looked like it could be really fun if it wasn't quite as crowded.

We usually go to Disney at Easter time. What we've noticed is that the end of March is usually very crowded, whether Easter falls then or not. When Easter is later in April (like this year) it's not as crowded because all the spring breaks are spread out more.

MK will be the most consistently crowded. Get to parks at opening time. Go on your must-do rides right away. Utilize Fast Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter