• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your young children giving Dad for Christmas??

momtosam

Oh, Schmootsie-poo!
Help, please! I need a budget-friendly, last minute idea-friendly idea for my boys to give their dad for Christmas. I'm stuck!

DD9 gets daddy his gifts from school holiday shop. DS7 didn't but will give him a Steelers coffee travel mug

my kids also spent a few dollars at the holiday shop at school. other than that underwear and socks is a good old stand by for my dh. ;)

My kids (3 and 5) made DH a Christmas tree made out of construction paper--their hands make up the tree. I think he will love it!

For Father's Day, I took pics of my kids wearing their daddy's clothes (one work and one play outfit) and made a nice card. Turned out great!

My son is a single father of kids ages 2 & 4. DH enlarged and printed a picture of the him and his kids DH took on Thanksgiving. We bought a nice frame and mat and I helped my grandson (4) wrap it.

Jigsaw puzzles - my DH loves to do them and the kids love to help!! Any board game would be something fun for them to do together!

I took my kids to the hobby store my husband likes (40k) and gave the kids a general price amount and let them choose.

Cut a scarf out of fleece. Trace their hands on another piece of fleece and fabric glue them on or whip stitch it. You could even just stamp their hands on with fabric paint. We did this for my DH about 6 years ago and he still wears it.

We also take the kids shopping at the Dollar Tree every year for gifts. It's so nice that they can pick out anything from the whole store.. and some of their choices are very funny.

We also always get him a new calendar.

I took my kids to the liquor store - they got him a bottle of scotch. lol It's a running joke because they're only 3 and 6mo, he still has a hard time watching both of them - he always says he needs a drink when I get home. It's a smallish bottle and will last him all year, but it's a joke coming from them. :rotfl:

DS3 is really into robots/Transformers so he got DH the newest Transformers movie on Blu Ray. That will go nicely with the new PS3 that I got him since it plays the Blu Ray discs.

My son loves Mario Kart and they play that together frequently. Last year DS got DH the wheel accessory so they could play together (you don't NEED the wheel, you can just use the wii remote, but the wheel does make it easier and more fun).

I always try to pick something that they do together or is meaningful. It will be interesting once DS gets older and has more of an opinion.

Carhart gloves, Bass Pro Shop hoodie and water proof New Balance shoes.
I helped them with the shoes!

A charging station for his phone. He always leaves it on the kitchen counter and I'm constantly having to unplug it and move it when I'm trying to make dinner. Maybe if he can leave it someplace else and be able to consistently find it, I can get my counter back!

a cd each. They dont realize it but thats what I put their name on!

the girls picked out things on their own so I'm not sure what they got him and the boys picked him each a pair of pj pants since he wears those constantly at home and a new Star Wars ship since he's a Star Wars nut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter