What are your WDW traditions?

wow! lots of great traditions! reading all these reminded me of a few more of ours:

counting the # of waffle house restaurants we pass along the drive down(st.louis to orlando).

dd always get a hair wrap by the pool and she still hangs them in her room.

fantasia golf

saying "no mcdonald's this week" to the kids and then eating there by the second day.

all you can eat chicken at trails end buffeteria

getting the whole family to do "summit plummet" at BB at least once during the trip.

spending the last few hours of the trip at MK

having a major disney "withdrawal" for at least a week after getting home.

I always have a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from the Nestle shop on Main St. USA, and my fiance always gets a Dole Whip.
We also always try to notice something new on Spaceship Earth.
We also sing a little of the Monorail song from The Simpsons whenever we ride.

Boy, I didn't think we really had any traditions until I started reading this thread - but we do!

Our traditions are:

Stop by and see our brick (Bought on our honeymoon) near MK

Last day - run quick to MGM and ride TOT one (or two) last time.
We can't wait to see the changes made at TOT this next trip!

Buying new earrings each trip at DTD

Go to the early show at the Comedy club at PI - then right into 8-Trax.

Icecream sundaes at Ghiradelli's

Try atleast one thing new each trip

Tigger22

Oh, wow...I could devote PAGES to this topic...

Here are just a few:

1) Enjoying a dole whip at Aloha Isle

2) Dinner at Restaurant Akershus (Norway)

3) Dinner at San Angel Inn

4) A ride on Splash Mountain (..."but whatever you do, puh-leeeease don't throw me in that briar patch!!!")

5) Dumbo The Flying Elephant

6) A monorail ride

My sisters and I always pose in Epcot over by the Honey I shrunk the audience where they have the water that jumps in and out of the areas. Usually my sisters and I pose where we are jumping in the air to catch the water as it goes over our heads. We always start out each trip at DTD getting new backpacks for each of us to use throughout the trip.

Great thread!

Some of ours:

Finding a character we don't have a pic of DD with and getting the picture.

Family pics with one of the Living Statues.

Beaver Tails if it's a little rainy (or even if it isn't!).

Ice Cream cone with Mickey Ears at the Carnation shop for DD when we leave MK, caramel popcorn when we're waiting for a parade.

A pearl from Japan. Sure wish they had "add-a-pearl" jewelry, so I wouldn't have to keep paying for settings.

The Muppets 3-D. We have many "don't misses", but this seems to be the one we NEVER miss!

A visit to Tinkerbell's Treasures for a new Tinkerbell trinket.

Trying a new (for us) restaurant. Next trip it's California Grill at last!

Diana

Gotta jump on the train and circle MK. The sound of the steam whistle never fails to bring tears to my eyes!

-Go to MK first night, get counter service for dinner, then find spot to see parade/fireworks

-Go to at least one ‘nice’ restaurant every trip, preferably also one I haven’t tried before

-Tear up the first time I see the Castle; tear up the last time I see the Castle

-Make a wish at Cinderella Wishing Well (always the same wish!)

-Eat at least one Mickey Bar and one ice cream cone from Main Street Ice Cream Parlor

-Go to Gourmet Pantry at DTD – buy chocolates to take home (usually Mickey PB Meltaways) and get something pre-made to eat and eat outside

-Buy Mickey jewelry – usually earrings, maybe a ring

-Buy key chains to give as gifts or to keep

-Watch Fountain of Nations show during the day and at night

-Spend last night at MK people watching; stay until almost everyone else has left

This is a great thread...

My wife and I only have a few but they are a must.

1. Dinner at Teppanyakis in Japan followed by coffee and dessert from France as we watch Illuminations.

2. A visit to the Wilderness lodge... where we spent our Honeymoon.

3. Spending the last day at DTD before leaving for the airport.
We always enjoy a treat from Ghiradellis and sit in the last booth under the picture of oldman Ghiradelli himself.

As you can see it doesn't take much to keep me happy.

Wow what a great thread!!!! I keep getting tears in my eyes while reading these! My Dh would make fun of me if he saw me now.
Our traditions:
CHef Mickeys the first night.

Arriving extra early on our first day at mk so we are up close for the rope drop--Then run to dumbo--THis started our first trip when our dd was 2 1/2--She is 7 now --I hope she will ride dumbo this year!

cindy's for breakfast

stayin late at mk for the "kiss" on our last night--( teary eyed when I leave)

Sitting on the curb in front of casey's for at least an hourbefore the afternoon parade so we can have a front row seat so dd can dance in the parade with the characters.

visiting tinkerbelles treasures so dd can select a princess costume to wear to cindy's breakfast. ( this was discontinued at dd's request last year)

getting very teary eyed when we see the welcome to disney world sign.

Downtown disney for shopping on our last day!

-Teppanyaki for lunch
-Brown Derby for lunch (cobb salad and grapefruit cake)
-Mickey ice cream bar
-Casey's hot dogs
-E-ticket night if there is one
-Must do's: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, TTAuthority (Wedway), Living with the Land, Kilimanjaro Safari, Tower of Terror.

Great Thread...

We always eat at the Rose and Crown the first night, and then go to MK the first full day bright and early.

We always plan 1 big thing like Cirque
Dessert in France
Charater Breakfast
Pressed Pennies
Family Picture

Denise

Our family has several "must do's" on every trip:
1) Lunch at Cap't Cooks on arrival at the Polynesian.
2) MK on first evening; Jungle Cruise and POTC first.
3) CP breakfast.
4) 2 trips on Dinosaur.
5) RNR, TOT, RNR and GMR in MGM. (In that order)
6) A large Ringnes in Norway.
7) Last night dinner at Teppanyaki.
8) Breakfast at Kona before departure.
(Meals are very important for us).
We leave 6/25!!!!!!!!!

OK, after reading 4 pages I had to reply...

1. Chef Mickey's the first night to get in the spirit.
2. The backside shots of us as my DH videotapes us walking into the parks in the morning. Luckily we all grew up and not out!
3. Mickey bars no matter how hot it is and the chocolate starts to fall off.
4. Sundaes at Ghiradelli's.
5. Collecting a pin from every new resort we stay at.
6. Trying to say the Spanish recording on the monorail when they close the doors. After 9 years all I can say is tengo and la porta.
7. "highlight day". The last day we go back to all our favorites.:D

I am the Disney addict in our family. I save my allowance, do rewards boards, sell on half.com etc. to make the money to take the family.

When we are at Typhoon Lagoon the kids must show their appreciation for the trip by spending their own money to buy me a strawberry frozen drink. Then they must carry it to me (I'm laying under the palms on a chaise) with their best smiles and deliver it with a kiss.

Last year I brought DD's girlfriend along. She knew ahead of time that I was paying for everything, but that she had to pay for one strawberry drink and deliver it with a smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter