Welcome to the 2010 Podcast Cruise Forum

This is a great idea for a Podcast cruise sub-board. Even if we are still undecided about making it I will still enjoy hanging out here :goodvibes

Hi everyone. I have been a long time podcast listener and lurker on the boards. I have been wanting to come out of lurkerville, but have been a little intimidated. I put in a request for a quote just today. So I guess now is a good time to join the boards. We are already looking forward to the cruise.

Jada

Hi Jada - Welcome to the DIS, glad you decided to come out of lurkdom.

So where in Chantilly do you hang your mouse ears? I grew up in NVA and worked in Chantilly for what seems like forever. We moved way from the traffic and such 3 years ago. There are lots of DIS'rs from NVA, most from Fairfax so know you are among neighbors as well as friends.

I am bringing the whole family on this cruise. Should be about 4 cabins. I just don't know how we can top the last cruise. 19 months is along time to wait. See everyone there.

First time cruiser here too!

I know I'll probably be asking too many questions as well. But I'm sure we won't be the only ones. ;)

lemme tell ya, I should have asked more questions... I didn't realize it would be going through airport like security. I also didn't realize there is no place to put your carry on till the state roomst are ready at 1:30p... so we more or less were sitting waiting till the state rooms were ready to go with carry on's that i though we'd be able to ditch in our room right away.

Thanks Renysmom. I live in South Riding. Just 5 miles west of the Fairfax/Loudoun border off Rt. 50. But I'm originally from Richmond (Midlothian). What part of VA did you move to?

I am going to seriously consider it this time. See if I can get a friend to go with me - DH and DS would be like an albatross around my neck. [did I actually put that in writing?:laughing:]

BTW - what does that exactly mean: "Albatross around my neck"? Was this a bad thing back in the time. :confused3

Thanks Renysmom. I live in South Riding. Just 5 miles west of the Fairfax/Loudoun border off Rt. 50. But I'm originally from Richmond (Midlothian). What part of VA did you move to?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I know exactly where South Riding is, I have spent many many many hours there, what makes it funnier is we moved from Manassas to Richmond (Varina) ... Small world isnt it?

I may end up going solo, but I'm definately going. Anna and Kim are a slight maybe at this point. I should also say even though I booked on the cruise the prices for the 12/12/2010 podcast sailing are fantastic!

I know this might sound creepy, but I might be able to entertain a 3rd in the room? Just thinking out loud, but for 4 nights it might be a possibility. There is a chance the wife might now want to go either...we will keep in touch!

lemme tell ya, I should have asked more questions... I didn't realize it would be going through airport like security. I also didn't realize there is no place to put your carry on till the state roomst are ready at 1:30p... so we more or less were sitting waiting till the state rooms were ready to go with carry on's that i though we'd be able to ditch in our room right away.

I really liked your luggage, Oskey.;)

I hope it wasn't anything we did. :goodvibes
Not at all Jeff...It's the whole school thing. Anna will be in 5th grade. It will be a little tougher to get her out of school; especially the week before XMas break, but one never knows if it's possible or not. We shall see. They do want to go, but priorities are priorities. :)

Hi Aaron! I hope Kim and Anna go on the next cruise. Anna seemed to of had alot of fun on the cruise. I can't wait for the next cruise!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
I hope so too Anna. By the way, we really enjoyed dining with you. I know I wasn't terribly talkative at dinner. I was too busy eating I guess. :lmao: Kim says hi :wave: Hope to see you again soon!

I know this might sound creepy, but I might be able to entertain a 3rd in the room? Just thinking out loud, but for 4 nights it might be a possibility. There is a chance the wife might now want to go either...we will keep in touch!
We'll see. It's a long way until Dec 2010 and things can change quickly. Although we said that about this podcast cruise 18 months ago as well, and now it's behind us. :rolleyes1

WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!

And yes, we'll be staying in the Poor Irish Steerage section next to the goats again. Who knew if you went far enough down in the ship, the staterooms had oars in them so you could keep the ship moving for the rich folk in an emergency???

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I was on the first and had a great time but I won't be on the second. I want to do the 2011 Marathon and the cruise is just too close to get down there twice. Of course things could change (like picking a trip out of the prizematron) but for now I'll be down in early 2011.

I rebooked. Can't wait for "Fun on a Boat, Part 2".

Just a working title. Any other ideas?

Oooooooh! A new forum! Because I really needed another Dis time sucker!!! :rotfl2:

I don't know if I'll be able to make the next cruise, but I know it will be a blast. We'll have a baby about a year and a half old by then and I don't even know where we'll be living. It will be fun reading all about it, though, even if I don't get to go!

Fun on a Boat - Reloaded?
Fun on a Boat - Redux?

:sail:

Thank you for that info!!! :thumbsup2
I know I will be doing an awful lot of research before we go.:surfweb:
I guess in a way it is a good thing that the cruise is 19 months away.

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!